back to article Mobile co fails to stump up for pointless structure

The largest folly built for a hundred years has just been completed on the Rushmore Estate in Dorset, despite the lack of mobile-phone operator to pay for it. The folly was driven by the need for better Airwave coverage - the mobile network used by the UK's emergency services - and the requirement to hide the 17m masts needed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Foster

Aesthetics?

Is is jut me, or is that the ugliest folly ever?

I mean, they might at least have built something *pretty*.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

o2 not improving their network?

They could have filled in some of the blank space on the Ofcom 3G coverage map!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

A proud tower

Looks ugly enough to start at least two world wars... My respect for architects can't go any lower but this... thing... would have deducted another couple of points.

4. Alain Moran
    Joke

I beg to differ...

This most certainly isnt the largest folly built in the last hundred years ... the O2 arena is much bigger than this, and the olympic village will be even bigger!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Follys end up looking like their owner?

From the "self-satisfied photograph" of Mr. Gronow-Davis, it would appear that his dress sense and the folly's colour scheme are similarly bizarre!

6. Charles Manning

Still a folly

Considering that most mobile chit-chat is pointless, this thing would still be a folly if it housed cells.

7. wabbit02
    FAIL

who owns Airwave

Last time I looked Airwave was owned by some Aussies - not the Spanish!

8. Nigel 11
    Paris Hilton

How long ...

For how long does a folly have to remain useless, before it can acquire a use and still remain a folly?

Paris knows a lot about folly ....

9. Lionel Baden

suprised

there was no penalty clause for o2 ..

i would get pissed off if they did that to me !

and i t also looks like a mosque

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like