back to article ECB Cricket 1.0

The England and Wales Cricket Board hasn’t had a great deal to shout about lately, what with the Stanford debacle and the recent rather tasteless photoluv shootout of Sir Flintoff of Flanders. But here, at last, is something it can be proud of, the ECB iPhone app has arrived just in time for the biggest cricket event of the year …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

HELLO.... HELLO?

HELLO? IT'S ME... WHAT? IT'S ME... WHAT? NO... NO. I'M AT LORD'S... LORD'S... WHAT? LORD'S... WHAT? SAINT WHO?... NO.... WHAT? ... SAINT JOHN'S WOOD... WOOD... NO... WHAT? WOOD... NO... WHAT? LISTEN.... NO... WHAT?... CAN I GET... CAN... WHAT? CAN I GET BACK TO YOU... NO... WHAT? CAN I GET BACK TO YOU? A BATSMAN'S JUST BEEN OUT LBW. WHAT? LBW. NO... WHAT? LBW... IT'S WHEN... WHAT? IT'S...

2. Bassey

Sounds familiar

I've been using the plusmo app from cricinfo for ages on my Windows Mobile phone. Not only does it cover all that the ECB app does, but I get the usual ball-by-ball commentary from cricinfo. Not sure if it's available for iPhone yet but well worth a look if (like me) your corporate internet policy blocks sports commentary (for some reason, they don't believe following the Ashes, ball by ball, is work related).

Oh, and very low data useage as well - for those not on unlimited* data bundles

* unlimited data bundles are limited to whatever the hell we say they are so tough.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Wonderful

It is actually making me interested in Cricket!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Bassey

Too right. They don't understand that if Miller hadn't picked up that Thomson edge that rebounded off Tavare's arse all those years ago, the recession would have happened a damn sight earlier than it actually did.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

A title is required.

Instead of arsing about with mobile apps, they should be ensuring that the Ashes matches are available live on a terrestrial or free-view TV channel. If the Aussie and SA cricket boards can do it, then the ECB can.

6. D@v3
    Pint

AC 10:08

Damn right!!

On the brightside, iv finally got a useful app on my iPhone

7. Eric Hood

Ta

Thanks for that, downloaded and installed.

8. Richard 20
    Pint

ESPN>ECB

Oooh no, contrary to what is stated above; the ESPN/CricInfo Mobilcast app pre-dates the ECB effort but quite a while.

That is all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like