back to article AT&T's iPhone 'iLaunch' sets record

An internal AT&T memo leaked to MacDailyNews crows that "iLaunch day 2009" - yes, you read that correctly, "iLaunch" - set multiple Big Phone sales records. Here's the pertinent portion of the self-congratulatory missive: iLaunch day 2009 was one for the record books, as AT&T customers scrambled to get their hands on the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James O'Brien
    Thumb Up

@Rik

"The first item of business was that ex-King of Pop Michael Jackson's"

Damn you for stealing my lines :P Ex-king of Pop.....finally someone else who thinks the same way I do about this one

2. Antidisestablishmentarianist
    Troll

Sheeple, Sheeple

All these people are sheeple! There must be something wrong with it for all those 'mainstream' people to buy one - I mean don't they know anything? The [Nokia/Gandroid/HTC/etc] is far better because of [insert reason mainstream people couldn't give a toss about] and isn't make by Crapple etc etc

But it's all okay - calm down calm down - stop your frothing iPhone haters. 'Your' phones are now the minority - certainly not mainstream, and that's far 'cooler'. You can tell yourself that each time you pull out your phone "I'm cool, I'm cool, I must believe".....

* Did anyone notice the terms I stole from Webster? I didn't use odd capitalisation though. Where is that rabid frothmeister anyway? Hope he didn't pop a vein in his head

3. Jimbo 7

to @Antidisestablishmentarianist

"'Your' phones are now the minority"

the fact that every jackass scrolls up and down iPhone music menu on the bus for 20 minutes, reads who know what important walking and being for who knows what reason louder on the phone than anybody else does not mean that they are in majority. Last time I checked iPhone was far from majority

p.s. I apologize for comment above to all normal iPhone users, you are in minority of all iPhone users who think that they are more important than the rest of us

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

UK

I can't buy one in the UK. Look at the O2 web site or go to any O2 store - sold out

No point waiting for a Pre either, exclusivity with O2 means that's going to be a shambles as well.

I think the EU need to look into these "exclusive" deals; the "networks" should be separated from "Retail". i.e. you chose the best network supplier (best coverage, best rates etc.) and the best retailer for phones where you pay the full price - the networks give you a rebate if you sign up for a lengthy contract etc.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like