back to article Russian's Bulgarian airbags burst mid-flight

A Russian woman sporting a fine set of F-cup chesticles required urgent medical treatment when the Bulgarian airbags responsible for her enhanced assets burst during a flight to Los Angeles. According to Pravda, 45-year-old Irena D was en route from Moscow to California (aboard an Aeroflot Boeing 767-300, in case you're …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. eJ2095

Hmm

Where are the before they burst photos eh?

2. Rogue Genome
    Coat

Recalls scene from airplane.

Doctor> She'll need to go to a hospital.

Passenger> A hospital ?

Doctor> Yes its a big building with patients in it, but thats not important right now.

Coat, yes the Polyester one, there next to fake furs..

3. The Indomitable Gall

Myth...

..."bust"ed.

4. dunncha
    Pint

Funbags go Pop

snigger

Thank goodness my wife is small and pert because this would really ruin your holiday

5. The Metal Cod
    Grenade

Dave Allen

I'm reminded of a routine by the late great Dave Allen about breast implants exploding and sending nipples flying down the plane.

Grenade because they explode as well :)

6. mmiied
    Joke

that was on coupling

"I am shure the is no such thing as critical breast mass" boy was he wrong

7. Steve Evans

Ouch...

I was on a flight last year coming back to the UK from mainland Europe. On that flight were a couple of children who had obviously been to some party or event. They had helium balloons, unfortunately not the rubber kind of balloon, the shiny metallic look plastic film type... The type that doesn't stretch very well.

About an hour after take off there was a *bang*... Needless to say you have never heard such a synchronised intake of breath in your life!

We spent the rest of the flight looking at the other, rather strained looking balloon with distrust.

8. Igor Mozolevsky
    Coat

A few points

I remember reading a bulletin when this happened - it was flight SU-321 and the woman collapsed when the plane started to descend into LAX. According to the doctors the silicon implants were already damaged before the flight.

Also, what's the IT angle?

9. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Put a T

.infront of

10. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Going to California ?

Obviously her destination was Silicon Valley

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not due to air pressure

Mythbusters proved that "airbags" don't burst due to air pressure differences. The real reason the women's implants burst is because they simply failed. It could have happened at any time, it was pure coincidence that it happened whilst she was on a plane.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't understand this...

If this, and stories like it are true, why doesn't the same thing happen on the ground?

Aircraft are pressurised to about 8 thousand feet. Mexico City is at about 7400 feet. There are many places on the ground above 8000 feet so why don't "Spontaneous Breast Rupture ©® whilst on the ground," stories appear in the news?

13. Manas Straw

Pictures or ...

Errr, in this case, considering she's 45, I think we should pass.

14. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Funbags go Pop

So your wife has nice tits but you don't like to draw attention to that fact or anything.

I love the comments sometimes.

15. Paul Murphy 1
    Paris Hilton

Be quiet my disturbed mind!

Am I the only one that imagines a new form of female-mounted* altimeter? one where the cup-size is dependant on air pressure?

'hmm - feels like 10,000 ft, (to co-pilot) do you concur?'

time for a lie-down I think.

ttfn

PH would be what? 500ft?

* don't go there - it's not a happy place..

16. Rob
    IT Angle

@Igor

The IT angle is with the rest of the IT stories in the IT sections, something you don't usually find in the Bootnotes section.

17. Yorkshirepudding
    Boffin

idea

lets stick Jordan aka katey price in a U2 and send her up to 70000ft

yes i know you need a space suit....

18. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@Sarah

"So your wife has nice tits but you don't like to draw attention to that fact or anything.

I love the comments sometimes."

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Mrs Duncha heard herself being described as "small and pert".

:-)

19. Chris Hunt

Re: Ouch

"Needless to say you have never heard such a synchronised intake of breath in your life!"

Followed by synchronised squeky voices, no doubt?

20. Paul Hates Handles
    Terminator

@Yourshirepudding

Nah, don't give that bint a space suit - just shoot her into space :)

21. Neil 21
    FAIL

Liquid doesn't compress/expand

Surely the only way this could happen is if air was inside the implant, which is unlikely?

22. Rod MacLean
    Thumb Up

RE: idea

Yourkshirepudding wrote: "lets stick Jordan aka katey price in a U2 and send her up to 70000ft

yes i know you need a space suit...."

Jordan wouldn't need one. At least that's what we should tell her prior to embarkation. It would be good if the event was televised as well...

23. Aaron Gilliland
    Gates Horns

Re; Not due to air pressure

I'm sorry, did you just say that the Mythbusters disproved something? Yes, of course, what with their rigorous, dispassionate scientific investigation that had nothing at all to do with television sensationalism.

I'm sure they fired rifle bullets into the fake tits and replayed it in slow motion, or something. I'll bet they even found an excuse to visit the aircraft boneyard.

24. Znort666
    Headmaster

Re: Recalls scene from airplane

It should be...

Doctor> She'll need to go to the hospital.

Passenger> The hospital, what is it ?

Doctor> Its a big building with patients in it, but thats not important right now.

Shame they burst though, cos in the other story (linked to this one) the airbags saved the girls life...if the plane had crashed would they have saved her life???

I for one would welcome the chance to have DD implnats, it would give me something to do to keep me occupied between waking up and going to sleep...

25. Michael Chester
    Joke

Eddie Izzard quote time

*bing*

"hi, my left breast has just exploded, do you have a pillow or something that I could use to even it out? thank you"

26. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Sarah Bee

My wife has nice tits and I *do* let her draw attention to that fact she can wear whatever tops she likes!

do you prefer a man who insists on a nice cardy? perhaps something akin to Tamsin Grieg in Captain Eager?

27. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

@Neil21

Liquid doesn't compress/expand - who told you that? more to the point why did you believe them?

Brake fluid is not water for a reason.... as with hydraulic oil etc

We deem a liquid as "incompressible" only because it's degree of compression is sufficiently small. That being said [and more importantly here on el reg, to be pedantic] liquids are on some level compressible.

28. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: @Sarah Bee

Er, actually I was talking about your good self drawing attention, on the internet, to the fact that they exist and are nice.

You respond by informing me that you very magnanimously allow her to draw attention to them herself (do you let her occasionally go shopping on her own too? That's good husbanding) and enquire if I am some sort of subjugated prude by proxy. Nice work.

Obligatory smiley face: :)

29. This post has been deleted by its author

30. Gavin 6
    WTF?

What was the reg?

Sadly Aeroflot do not operate 767-300's, they only have 767-300ERs (11 in service at present). Do you by any chance know the registration of the aircraft involved in this incident?

I hope to see more accurate reporting of aircraft type, along with registration of the aircraft involved, in all future news stories.

\mine's is the anorak with "Civil Aircraft Register" poking out of the poket.

31. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Re: Funbags go Pop

We like 'em too, mate!

32. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

@Sarah Bee

I think the commenter is merely jealous of his 'small pert' wife because, as a fully-signed-up member of the geek community, his moobs will be neither pert nor small.

33. Captain Thyratron
    Coat

"According to Pravda"

(see above)

34. Ian 37
    Thumb Up

Eyyyyy!

Was the victim's name "Irena F" before the unfortunate poppage?

This topic is closed for new posts.