back to article Another Xbox chief leaves for EA

It's becoming more and more plausible that Electronic Arts and Microsoft's Xbox unit intend to keep swapping executives until they run each other's companies. The latest round of chieftain interchanging involves John Schappert, Microsoft corporate veep of Live, Software, and Service. The job put him in charge of Redmond's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Hmm..

"This is a team that is intensely focused on quality and innovation." regarding EA?

I guess if wringing the last few drops of life out of tired and dull old franchises like Need For Speed by adding more emo guitar crap and unreadably over-designed interface is innovative, then sure. Every now and then, something interesting slips out by accident, but right now, they feel like they do for games what Fox does for TV.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

"After nearly two decades working in or around this company, I've got EA in my blood,"

Makes it sound like some kind of nasty incurable disease.

Oh wait, it is...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good news for Microsoft.

Seems EA will become very pro-Microsoft with these exchanges, that's great news for them and the XBox could mean more exclusives in the future particular as the PS3 is still losing marketshare to the 360 week on week and has been for at least 18 months now.

Not good for Sony, especially as Activision threatened to stop wasting their time supporting the PS3 unless Sony make a price cut to the system too.

Sony needs to step up it's game and price cut soon or it could find that there is no one supporting the system anymore except it's own few first party developers.

4. Prag Fest
    Stop

"This is a team that is intensely focused on quality and innovation."

That reminds me, must pre-order Tiger Woods 10. Cant wait to see what they have done with it...

5. Paul Hates Handles

Er...

Quality and Innovation... are we still talking about the same EA? Electronic Arts?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Maybe...

he can get EAs technical support to answer questions about their software instead of palming people off to the support forums...

7. Scott Evil

Electronic Arse

A dispenser of Digital Poo

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like