back to article Microsoft wins competition court case

Microsoft has finally won a competition case - albeit a civil case brought in South Korea by two rival software providers. Digito.com was seeking $23.9m in damages and Sanview Technology wanted about a third of that. The two companies accused Microsoft of damaging their businesses by bundling instant messenger and Windows …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matthew Ellen
    Linux

MS won?

It sounds more like all parties lost.

2. Rod MacLean
    Gates Horns

What a surprise...

"The Seoul District Court in South Korea accepted that Microsoft's behaviour broke South Korean competition law"

So now they've broken competition laws in three continents. Only Oceania and Africa to go (unless you count Antarctica).

So are MS dodgy dealing scoundrels? We all know they are!

Is their OS a heap of sh1t? Well, we know the answer to that as well. It's like VHS in the 80s - everyone has windows but the alternatives are MUCH better!

3. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Wot's this bash MS thang?

Anyone would think that MS provided an open non-proprietary platform for any government or organisation to jump on and sue if it did not do as requested.

Can't they tootle off and do their own OS and leave Windows alone?

4. kain preacher

Wait

Before you folks go on about how corrupt MS is, tell me this. Who actually use MS instant message?

Most people I know use Yahoo. In fact for while HP was bundling Yahoo messenger and tool bar on their computers .

5. Dave Cheetham

Bloody lawyers making money!

That's like saying Open Office should be sued by Microsoft because it is being given away free and basically does the same thing as their product!

What the F*ck is the world coming to? No-one is forcing you to use the software thats installed when there are many other pieces of software to use instead. Just because it is being given away free with Windows, that is not a crime? AVG bundle the Yahoo search toolbar into their product, but I don't want it. Google should sue them. Only the lawyers will win as usual.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like