back to article UK Communist website abused by Chinese hackers

The website of the Communist Party Of Britain has been infected with malicious code. Infection by the iFrame-F script coincided with local and European election in the UK, marking a time when the minority party website would have had far more visitors than normal. The affected file on the website is associated with serving up …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Don Mitchell

Recent hacks

This may not have anything to do with the websites's content. For example, several large hosting services have been recently attacked from China. A line of javascript was inserted into pages, calling an Adobe Flash exploit. For example:

<SCRIPT src="Sputnik_files/avqwb_cn.swf"></SCRIPT>

I recommend running the Secunia scanner, since recent hackers seem to be targetting Flash, Quicktime and the Java runtime.

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

2. Pierre
    Joke

It's all a commie plot

Supposedly the code targets Windows machines only. Windows is, as everyone knows, a hard-core capitalist OS. So the chaps browsing the commie website from a windows machine are obviously capitalist spies hell-bent to sabotage the People's aspirations to a better life. Hence the malware, embedded deep on the site by the webmaster, through a proxy on China (to dodge the legal spat).

Prove me wrong

3. Francis Fish
    Boffin

Which communist party?

CPGB - old Russia lovers, although they would deny it (Russian funding did come out in the 80's, much to their embarrassment).

RCPB(ML) - We love Albania, oh shit, what have we said?

(We used to love Mao but he was a revisionist who turned his back on Albania so he must be wrong) R generally stands for revolutionary and the ML means Marxist-Leninist (as in we started out pro China before we weren't).

RCP - became Living Marxism, became spiked!

Of them all I think only spiked would have the brains to do anything with multi media.

I bet there's more.

4. James
    Joke

...Silverlight?

It uses silverlight?

It's bad enough that none windows users can't use itvplayer let alone find out what the communists will do for us if we vote for them!

5. Francis Fish
    Happy

Forgot

MAO

MOA is where the men went to with their dog. spot

6. Charles Decker
    Stop

Communist XP

Considering that piracy of Microsoft platforms is rampant in many Communist countries...that's kind of shooting yourself in the foot, no?

7. Reg Blank
    Jobs Horns

@ Pierre

I can prove you right.

From the name of the infection we can tell it is an Apple construct, originating from their eastern development centre at Commi-tino.

Apple, as we all know, has trademarked all applications of a lower-case "i" followed by a capital letter, and if Apple wasn't involved then these hackers would also be guilty of trademark infringement.

I for one find that hard to believe, because they wouldn't want to face the wrath of those hard-line Chinese trademark cops!

8. Jerome
    Gates Horns

Silverlight

"The affected file on the website is associated with serving up Microsoft Silverlight script, suggesting an important part of the site's multimedia environment was affected by the security breach"

Surely it can't be an important part, if it serves up Silverlight?

9. Andrew Goodall

Fifth Colunist removed

Thanks for the heads up on the infection - we have now addressed the issue and resolved the underlying problem - The underlying problem of Capitalism will take a little longer to solve but rest assured we are on that too.

Andy Goodall

National Organiser Communist Party

10. matt
    Gates Halo

if this is the cpgb.org.uk site

then it's still infected.

And it seems their site runs on Win 2003, who says Linux is for Commies!

11. Andrew
    Coat

Freud says...

I really hope I'm not the only one who read the subhead as 'Moist Malware Mayhem.'

12. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@Forgot

No, it's indeed "Moaist": followers of and adherents to great big extinct birds...

http://www.terranature.org/moa.htm

13. Winkypop Silver badge
    Coat

Trouble with Chinese exploits is...

....an hour later you feel like another one.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Oh lol.

Commies deserve it. Take that crap back to north korea or 1980s russia.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@ Winkypop

hahahahahahaha, ok that was good! You made my afternoon!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like