back to article HP shows off colour display 'skin' for gadgets

HP has created a wacky flexible display technology that it’s pitching as a way of customising gadgets. Although HP’s remaining somewhat coy about eSkins’ specific uses, it described the technology as a “flexible reflective colour film” that gives gadgets “an electronically controlled colour surface”. Sounds bizarre, doesn’t …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lionel Baden
    Thumb Up

i like it

i can see this being so usefull in many ways !

would love to know what sort of resolution they can get the picture looked a little grainy

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

James Bond

Maybe i grew up watching too many Bond repeats but one of the first things i thought of was could it be layered to create a numberplate :)

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Thumb Up

Re: James Bond

Oooooh! I like that idea.

A numberplate that displays a registration number most of the time but changes to some pithily worded invective (something short, maybe two well known words involving sex and travel) when a radar signal is detected in the vicinity.....

4. John Savard

One application

It might just possibly be useful for making a less expensive keyboard like the Optimus Maximus, if it has the right properties.

5. Dafydd Lawrence

Animated?

Is this definitely an animated screen?

The press release doesn't seem to say that the screen can be changed at will after production only to say that it can be made transparent. If it was a display that can change wouldn't the announcement of a pantone matched print quality display be a massive e-book replacement style announcement rather than a sticker to go on a mobile phone?

The size can be massive as it says it is produced in rolls so I suspect this is a printed display that can just be made transparent?

Could the author confirm?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like