back to article HMRC goes underground to find new tech boss

Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs has found a new man to head up its IT department, but he won't be starting until September. Phil Pavitt is currently CIO at Transport for London. It emerged late last year that he was under investigation for alleged irregularities in TfL's hiring policies - Pavitt was a non-exec director of a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Scary

Can't be all bad

Well anyone who puts EDS' nose out of joint can't be all bad.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sounds

sounds like just the guy you want in charge of the technology behind our decrepit tax system - a dodgy IT recruiter. Maybe the only people that know less about IT then politicos, but that's a close run thing

3. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Two year transformation programme?

Take a closer look at TFL. He was there for two years and oversaw a transformation programme that ain't going so well. We are too quick to judge on success in IT.

I haven't even mentioned the 'internal audit' issue.

To all HMRC reading: watch this man very closely or start jumping ship when you can.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

London Underground???

Oh shit.

He got out before he was kicked out - his record isn't exactly spotless.

And this is what we have choosing IT systems for the HMRC.

Unfortunately, this means we're all screwed.

5. Nick
    Go

The CIO Merry Go Round...

So a CIO who's a bit rubbish goes to a Government department thats a bit rubbish with its IT on a £180,000 Salary (plus "Expenses" no doubt). Don't blame him - Id too it too, and then jump at the end of the 3 years to start another 'challenging' career change.

Is that the distant sound of the theme tune from 'The Magic Roundabout' I hear?

6. Keith T
    Unhappy

So he is a salesman by profession?

"Pavitt was a non-exec director of a recruitment firm which found contractors for TfL."

So he is a salesman by profession?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

The Magic Roundabout

Earth to HMRC, Earth to HMRC, come in HMRC.....bzzzz.....fffttttt......beep.....beep.....

Ground control to Major Tom. Circuits dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom? Oh, here am I sitting in my tin can - far, far, away. Planet earth is blue, HMRC are going to screw-woo you. Tra-la-la.....

£180K a year? FFS, how many ordfinary peeps does this guy have to shaft to earn his wedge then?

Talking of screwing, I'd better remember my icon.....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like