back to article Google slips Reg reader £500k!!!!!

We've decided to give Google a break this afternoon, and have curtailed the usual Reg whining about the search monolith's dark ambitions to enslave humanity to its will, using stored search data and Orwellian black Opels. The reason? The following astounding missive from Google Ghana. No we didn't realise Google had a Ghanaian …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve

Makes a Change

Beats the "You need a bigger penis" crap lol

2. Shane
    Paris Hilton

bad scammers is bad

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/google-anniversary-lottery-scam.shtml

uh yea im from microsoft just ignore my hotmail address....i prefer to you use it for my business emails. Seriosuly how dumb can people get?

Paris coz shes been slipped more than $500k..

3. Col
    Paris Hilton

To be fair...

To be fair tho', Steve... you *do* need a bigger penis!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

look elsewhere for title

the part about "their for-profit philanthropic wing (GOOGLE.ORG)" is simple to true for this mail to be a fake

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@Steve

Yeah, Ben Akambi is really proud of his penis.

6. Steve

@Col

You been speaking to my wife again...

7. Ozwadi Ogolugi
    Alert

shite

If any spanners fall for this shite still then they deserve to lose money!!!

Monkey..

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

provide my email address?

I particularly like that you're asked to provide your email address to the 'paying Centre in Accra Ghana'

Erm, didn't YOU just email me?

9. Stephane Mabille
    Happy

Anniversary....

And obviously Google have short memory (in need of data mining... or just Google it)... they don't exactly remember if they started in 1998 or 1999 which explain de 6th 0ct 2008/2009 date.

But Mr Akambi assured me, my check is in the post... Don't tell him it was my wife that replied, I don't want to be disqualified.

10. Jeff
    Pirate

no mailing address

... the reply to address and from address. The from is @msn the reply to is yahoo, there is no mailing address. this wouldn't have even been opened in my spam box!

11. Gerard Krupa

Long Anniversary

"held on 0ct 6th,2008/2009"

I'm impressed that their anniversary celebrations are spanning the entire year. Even more so that they've apparently created the new month of Zeroctober just for this event too.

12. Jerome Cheynel
    Thumb Up

500,000 GB Poun

This message is not promising you £500,000. I wonder how much a GB Poun is worth though... For all you know 500K might not even be worth a pint down the pub :oD

13. Scott

Lucky

Can you add me to the winners list as i seem to have recieved the same e-mail and won 500,000.00 pouns.

Sweet.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

British Poun's worth

"I wonder how much a GB Poun is worth though..."

About 20% more than the US Poun

15. Phil

Exchange Rates

I think the current exchange rate is about 98 Sense per GB Poun... So about one Dollhair to the Poun.

At the pub I think 500000 GB Poun wil get you 784 carats worth of Kilkenny if you buy by wieght

16. Moz

I can beat that...

Google are cheapskates. I've just been awarded £1M quid from the "Barclays Premier League Grant programme". And my name isn't even Sven Goran Ericsson!

Wisely, they inform me that I should "take time and thought in investing the funds wisely on a project that will stand the test of time."

Any suggestions?

17. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

I developed CRM...

... I am very proud of it.

The Award Reference code help us track each of the 20 winners effortlessly. You will see an example below...

Award Reference code: GOOGLE568A2008

Please note "2008", which is our Year-1 system. It's ingenious. No-one else does it.

Our File Number tracks every conversation with each of the 20 Winners. As you can see:

File number: G245

In case you are wondering - G245 represents the first conversation. G246 will be the second etc. Really easy huh?

I am available for hire by Reg readers. I have big CV - mainly working for governments and large consultancy firms. Call me.

18. Dex
    Thumb Up

Still......

....at least they didn't ask for your bank account and sort code

19. b166er

Variation on a theme.

I got offered Horny Goat Powder the other day. Made me chuckle anyway :p

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The worrying thing

is that if they actually made a bit of an effort, it would be so much more convincing. ie realising that people in Britain/England don't actually say great british pounds, they tend to use the rather more convenient pound sign (£ for the yanks, not #), or say Sterling.

And, of course, the Ghana address might also have tipped it.

21. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

Re:Variation on a theme.

Instant goats? How novel.

I must get some so that I can sprinkle it on my mate's Axminster carpet. He's having it professionally shampooed next week and I like a good practical joke.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pouns

Dahhh!!!! This guys knowledge of the UK currency id obviously based on the poetry of Ewan McTeagle,

Can I hav fifty pouns to mend the shed?

I'm right on my uppers.

I can pay you back

When this postal order comes from Australia.

Honestly.

Hope the bladder trouble's geting better.

Love, Ewan

Yeah, pure Monty Python

23. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

DAM! Telephone number doesn't work!!!!!!!

How do I claim now! :-(

Though intrestingly, drop the zero after the country code, and the number rings:

00233 54 292 47 48

No one picked up mind.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Tip from my hedge fund manager (new hedge arrives next week)

>Wisely, they inform me that I should "take time and thought in investing the funds wisely on a >project that will stand the test of time."

>

>Any suggestions?

Invest in pyramids. They've been around for longer than anyone can remember and they're a great way of hiding your old stiffs while simultaneously attracting tourists. They're a popular investment at the moment, just ask around. Most people have heard of pyramid schemes. Surprised you couldn't find out about them on Google really.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like