back to article LG shines light on world's brightest 3D TV

While some manufacturers are still grappling with designs for their first 3D TVs, LG has surged ahead with creation of what it’s claimed is the world’s brightest 3D-capable telly. LG_super_bright_3D_LCD LG's 3D telly employs “enhanced brightness” technology The firm’s succeeded in developing a 1080p, 23in LCD panel with “ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Max

Headache box

These flat panel 3D screens are nothing but headache boxes. The 3D is achieved by first showing the frame for the left eye, then the frame for the right, back and forth lots of times. Unless they have fixed the 'switch' rate, or whatever you call the time it takes to go from right to left and back, then no dice. On the versions that I saw last year the switch was much too slow and though it did appear to be 3D (which was cool), you couldn't look for more than a few seconds without overloading your vision and shutting your eyes in pain.

2. lord_farquaad

xprience

Sorry, but I also saw some demos of flat panel 3D screen 2 months ago, and there were no such frame per left/right eye and you could have a continued viewing experience without pain.

The 3D experince was great. But then this is a demo, and the sequences are selected. So I would be very interested to see the result with everyday TV programs

3. ian

3D?

Shouldn't the specifications indicate resolution in all 3 dimensions (i.e. 1080 x 768 x 1024 fer instance)?

4. Adam Starkey

@lord_farquaad

Some people are far more sensitive to these kinds of visual effects than others. That's why the 'rainbow' effect on early 2x DLPs caused some people problems. Just because it's comfortable viewing for you, doesn't mean that a significant number of people wont be bothered by it.

In truth, most people get headaches after extended periods with fake 3D displays, no matter the underlying technology that is used. Your eyes are focussing on an unnatural point in space, which leads to fatigue of the eye muscles.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like