back to article Slimline PS3 pictures surface

Sony may have denied rumours that it's planning to produce a slimmer PlayStation 3, but images have since cropped up that appear to show the casing and packaging of just such a machine. Slimline_PS3_003 This is supposedly Sony's slimline PS3 Snapped in China and posted on a local blog, the various images appear to show a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If this

If this is real, they must have found a pretty impressive way of cooling down the cell processor. My full bodied PS3 puts out enough heat to appreciably warm a room to an uncomfortable level in a couple of hours of gameplay.

I will say, I much prefer the font in these pictures to that horrible Spiderman font they're currently using.

2. Hetz Ben Hamo
    Happy

looks like the real thing

Slot loading blue ray drives are common these days, better processor manufacturing (45nm? 32nm?), and better air-flow design is possible. All you have to look is who manufactures the PS3. Looking at those pics, it looks like it was snapped on the place it manufactures the PS3 in China.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

A slimline console ...

.... to match the slimline games selection, then. There's a certain irony in that.

Will be interesting to see if they can keep the thing cool *and* quiet - the upside of the current PS3 was that it was very, *very* quiet but at the same time it did a wonderful second job as a space heater, even compared to a 360.

Hetz Ben Hamo: the current PS3 Blu-ray drive is a slot-loader anyway, although I suspect they can probably be had cheaper nowadays. Also, as far as I know, the current Cell processors are being fabbed at 45nm. Not sure if there are plans for a 32nm process as I got the hell out of the semiconductor business a while ago and count myself lucky as a result.

Still, if it is real and it does sell then good luck to 'em.

Mine's the one with the slimline PS2 in the pocket.

4. Allan Rutland
    Thumb Up

Maybe...

Would save Sony a shedload of cash also as it seems a much simpler construction than the overly complex PS3 at the moment....and lets face it, Sony need to save the cash at the moment....thats if it is real that is.

5. Mark
    Coat

slimline games selection

What a fucking retard you are. Are you stuck in 2007?

Funny because where I am, I see plenty of games, a higher percentage of quality titles infact...

6. Hardcastle
    Black Helicopters

Possible PS3 pics from China

Ahhh yes... Pictures of a possible PS3 revamp straight from Red China. Considering that the Communist Party has a stronghold on everything in that country, it would be wise to take any "leaked" data coming from China with not just a grain of salt, but perhaps an entire salt block. I'll believe it when I see a proper press release from Sony.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like