back to article New service seeks to monetise microwaffling

Question-answering service AQA has expanded its offering to a Twitter-like service, with the added benefit of paying users for posting their thoughts by charging those receiving them. The premise of "AQA2U" is pretty simple: you set up a feed, then try to get people to follow it - they get charged 98 pence for signing up and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Stranger things have happend

The British Heat / Hello / Sun buying public are probably daft enough to sign over their job allowance to find out which celebs are so dull they feel the need for thier "fans" to know when they take a dump! Free Enterprise, bring it on!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Tautology

Twits = people who pay for Twits

Paris - we all know precisely what she's been up to without having to look at Twitter

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mugs

You'd have to be a real mug to sign up for something like this - mind, some people pay for ringtones and Xbox360 themes ...

4. Rob
    Stop

As Gordan Ramsey would say...

... fuck me what a bunch of idiots.

Twats, tweeting on twitter has got to be some sort of social experiment surely. I can't find anything of any value written by anyone interesting on there so why on earth would anyone want to pay for the privilege </baffeled>

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Commercial angle...

The problem with everything on the internet is the signal-noise ratio. Paid services only survive if they're good. So this might actually be good. (Assuming you're part of the target audience.) After all, blogs still haven't killed the print media because they just aren't high enough quality.

Don't mock. Twitter created the market, and these guys might just have the idea that refines the model to a useful level.

6. Uncle Slacky Silver badge

To quote "Bob" Dobbs...

"You'll PAY to know what you really think!"

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Twitter "created a market"?

A market with no money coming in, going out, or swirling around.

8. Matt Bridge-Wilkinson
    Thumb Down

Don't bother creating idiot proof tech, nature always has better idiots

It does amuse me all the people desperately trying to find an income stream in Twitter, and I find it even more amusing when they fail completely.

I do like Twitter, its great, but advertising will just ruin it, and is already diminishing its appeal with all the morons trying to trick you into following them to advertise. Only money in twitter seems to be the auto following software that sells to all the moronic advertisers.

The day I have to pay to receive a tweet is the day I find another service. Pay per receive is so open to abuse.

So what next from this great company? Their motorcycle ashtray product? Or the new chocolate fireguard? Their patent pending cat whistle is pound to be just as popular as their pay per tweet.

9. John Smith Gold badge
    Joke

Was this not what the founder of SCUM* did

Albeit on a more one to one basis.

I think she made it pay too. With a bit of hooking on the side.

*Society for Cutting Up Men.

10. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

Handy....

"Opened letter from landlord - rent is due. What to do, what to do...."

"Off to Tescos - food bills are going through the roof aren't they? How can I pay them?"

etc etc

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like