back to article Apple spooked by white powder

A building at the heart of Apple's Cupertino campus was evacuated on Wednesday after an employee discovered a mysterious envelope of white powder. As reported by The San Jose Mercury News, fire crews visited Apple's 4 Infinite Loop at 3:30pm, donning hazardous material gear before entering the building. Sargent Don Morrisey …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Moore
    Gates Horns

Return address

Not mentioned in the artical but the return address on the enveloppe was:

1 Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA

98052-8300

2. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Poison apple

Given that Macs are known to crack up, cach fire and spew benzine and other hazardous chemicals out of the air vents, perhaps this was the envelope that Steve Christ pulled the Mac Air out of that time, and it simply shed some asbestos or something whilst inside?

If this was a kebab house it would be closed down by the environmental health, so why isn't this happening to Apple?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Vitamin C powder

Betcha, it will be someone adding vitamin C to their canteen fruit smoothy because it's not 'healthy' enough. Or some other ground up vitamin supplement... health nuts.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

"Biohazard Suit"

I find it a bit odd that Apple's latest TV commercial is called "biohazard suit." Very coincidental.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

testing eh...?

does this "testing" require the use of a note and a quick snort?

6. Mathew White

"Allergy Medicine"

Apple also noticed a drop in productivity for that day......

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

An envelope of white powder found in the cafeteria...

I'd say its sugar :P

8. Cortland Richmond
    Black Helicopters

Threatening pink and yellow envelopes

Hundreds of pounds of mysterious white powders enter US facilities daily in harmless-looking, pastel-coloured envelopes. Millions of workers put this unverified powdery substance into their tea and coffee. What is it? Who will be next? Stay tuned...

9. Ascylto

@ AC 21.07 GMT

Probably because the authorities charged with closing down such premises are made up of retarded trolls like yourself.

Ever thought of using your time productively?

Thought not!

10. Eddie

Brings back memories

When I worked in a financial services company here in Edinburgh, a member of the support team told me a of an incident involving a sticking keyboard belonging to one of the Traders.

The keyboard was subsequently found to have quantities of "a soluble white powder" gumming up the keys. Suspicions abounded, the traders were known to live on caffeine, and so, sure as 2+2=5 theories about someone moving up to something stronger were bandied about.

The tea lady solved the mystery - the trader concerned was indeed addicted, but not to coke or whizz, instead to sugared doughnuts, and refused to use a plate.

11. Ted Treen
    Jobs Halo

@AV 7th May 2009 21:07 GMT

Oh dear; it seems the Phreakster's back incognito and spewing bile, inaccuracies and general crud into the ether.

Street crudability!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

No wonder they were confused...

....the normal place for white power would be in the toilets, just next to the marketing dept.

13. Alex King

White powder in a canteen.

Might it be salt, sugar, bicarb, sweetener, etc etc....

Sheesh...

14. Scu
    Pirate

my money is on...

Stevia. Natual sweetner. And no, I wasn't anywhere near Cupertino on the day in question.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like