back to article Brit software group swallows Borland for $67m

Micro Focus has bought Borland for $67m and is also buying the application testing business of Compuware. Compuware described the sale as an $80m transaction. Micro Focus will pay $1 for each Borland share valuing the firm at $75m including cash reserves, a premium of 25 per cent on Borland's closing price yesterday. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dave Murray
    Dead Vulture

Goodbye Borland

Thankfully their developer tools should survive after they sold them to Embarcadero. I'll never understand why they thought the company would prosper without them.

2. Chris Williams
    Boffin

So, Farewell Then...

So, farewell then Borland

You made Turbo Pascal

Which was like Pascal

But Turbo

3. John Smith Gold badge
    Happy

UK software house buys US software house for real money

And let's not forget what *kind* of software house.

One that makes COBOL compilers for mainframes.

The smiley is dedicated to all the old geezers (and geezettes) everywhere who are laughing their collective asses off at this.

4. PG
    Dead Vulture

Borland, Farewell my sweet.

http://pgregg.com/blog/2009/05/borland-farewell-my-sweet.html

5. OffBeatMammal
    Coat

bless 'em

ah, years ago I worked with the MicroFocus folks and thought they were very smart and had their heads screwed on - even then there was still a huge demand for COBOL on various platforms.

a decade later watching them mop up the remains of trendy but sadly confused players makes me wonder if I should brush off my old COBOL skills as a hobby!

Mines the one with IEDP in the pocket

6. Gordon Crawford

america's firesale

america's fire sale is your gain. Or maybe management found a way to salvage some of their pay stubs by moving . good luck to all in this economy as we slowly raise our taxes here in usa,

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like