back to article Further funding flung at Fring

VoIP upstart Fring has raised another block of cash from its backers, despite lacking a business model or even a business as such. The company won't say how much, but told us it was comparable with the last round which saw around $10m flow into the company's coffers in August 2007. The company spent that money improving its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gerard Krupa
    Black Helicopters

Fring and Privacy

I wouldn't trust Fring as far as I could throw their whole office building because they monitor your usage of the app all too closely. You have to supply them with your mobile number "to get an activation code" via SMS but when you uninstall the thing you start getting phone calls from them asking why you stopped using it and what you thought of it. If they're paying that much attention to how I'm using their software I really don't trust them not to be paying too much attention to what my IM usernames and passwords are as well.

2. Joe Harrison
    Black Helicopters

Must be useful to someone

Hard to see what Fring or the VC investors get out of it.

Someone, somewhere, must find it useful for the aggregate traffic to go through one choke point instead of all over the place to a large number of individual VOIP providers.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Maybe...

Fring flung further funds fun fling flung fing?

4. Patrick O'Reilly

Careful Now.

Their servers are located in Israel so you can guess how much monitoring goes on there.

5. gribbler
    Happy

Long may it continue...

I'm all for people throwing money at companies like Fring, Facebook, Twitter et al. So long as I can continue to use these services for free I don't really care if they have no business model!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like