back to article Isle of Man KKK burns cross on Facebook

Facebook has closed an "Isle of Man KKK" page exhorting locals to stem the tide of unwelcome incomers polluting the racial purity of the Irish Sea island paradise. According to the Telegraph, the page's Grand Wizard declared: "There are too many comovers* [sic] on the Island. They are taking all of the jobs, houses and most of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sparkypatrick
    Coat

Yeah...

Damned combovers taking our jobs!

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Martin Lyne

damn,..

Bloody combovers! Coming over here, hiding our balding pates!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Economic reality lost on the KKK

If they didn't have "comeovers" on the island they wouldn't have an economy. The whole thing is based on it being a tax haven. I suppose they could go back to sheep farming and weaving and living in damn cottages with no leccy (can't afford the bills) but it might not be too popular in the long run.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

re: comover

I read that as combover, meaning that they don't want any more old baldies.

6. Richard

Isle of man indeed!

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

7. Robajob

Comeovers?

Are you sure it's not combovers?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"racial purity"

Read 'inbred hicks'.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They're welcome to their sh1tty island

Inbred nutters. Is there any way we can stop them from leaving?

10. Mike Crawshaw

"comovers"

"There are too many comovers on the Island"

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who initially read that as "there are too many combovers on the island"... I was mid-agreement until I realised what he actually meant!

PS: "Grand Wizard". Snigger... there are just too many ways to take the piss out of such a title...

11. Hans

Apawling

I fink it waz dem dam yoofs what done it

12. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

1950's Slough

With the birch and alcoholism 'cos there's nothing else to do, lovely.

And yes, I am married to one who wouldn't live there.

13. Winkypop Silver badge
    Stop

Facebook eh?

Typical these days, more and more so-called Journalists are just trawling " Farcebook" for stories and "YouBoob" for for videos.

NEWS: Man falls down stairs, grainy footage at 10!

14. lansalot
    Happy

comovers ?

Are you sure this wasn't "combover's" ? Sounds a bit more likely to me. I'm all for going bald gracefully, none of this fakery. I say the syrup-wearers should be outed and there's not a court in the land that would hang me for it. That said, judges appear to be into wigs as well - so I might be on sticky ground...

15. Colin Barfoot
    Flame

Hail the Queen of the May!

Obviously as an island they only welcome foolish virgins with the power of a king.

Remember: Cows after calves make moo.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Now see here . .

"We at The Register are very strongly against any hairist attitudes in this organisation and people are left in no doubt about that.

17. Andy G

@AC

aint totally inbread... we have sheep genes in our pool too u know !!!!

oh and i bet they are happy to pop down the local indian on the prom after a good (????) night out.

still, with spelling like that, no wonder they are having a pop at the low paid workers - after all where else would the Grand Wizard work - Maccy d's ? Strand Cleaners?

wonder if that should be Wizzzard !!! hehehe

18. kissingthecarpet
    Pirate

In the great tradition

of not understanding sarcasm unless its spoken in an exaggeratedly sarcastic tone. On the internet it seems that 1% will get the joke & the other 99% weigh in with "Its an outrage....BLAH BLAH!!!???OMFG "

As I understand it the cross was actually made from combed-out hair. An effigy of Robert Robinson was also burned while they chanted "3 legs good! 2 legs bad!"

The Fast Show had it about right.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I bet the Russians would pay

to have a missile base on the Isle of Wight. The islanders could stipulate only the islanders could work the silo and charge a rent on it; it's not like the main land saved the Isle of Wight in WWII.

See, that is how you do irony,

20. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

May day fools?

Has anyone got a link to prove this story is true (primary evidence), rather than a link to other news stories (secondary evidence)?

It sounds like one of those opportune far-left setups to discredit nationalist sentiment.

21. Nordrick Framelhammer

Cool

The ISLE of Man TT organizers could clearly make use of that guy.

Aren't they looking for speedbumps for the pit entry?

22. Tom Paine
    Flame

"discrediting nationalist sentiment"

All those in favour - ? *makes note* Carried overwhelmingly, jolly good.

And I have a solution to the problem of disgruntled Twatomatic posters moaning about the scary people with the darker skin tone . Simply round up all the saloon-bar rascists, muntering cab-drivers, nazis, nationalists all such similar scumbags and exile them all.. on the Isle of Man. They can then set up whatever xenophobic 1950s-style paradise of racial purity and low petrol taxes, force the wearing of little brown stars on people with southern-asian "heritage", strut around in nice leather boots and so on to their heart's content; and we in the civilised world can relax, secure in the knowledge that a single moderate nuclear device could take care of the whole lot of 'em in the blink of an eye if they ever threaten to escape into the real world.

23. Michael
    Coat

er.....

Don't you still need a work permit to work on the isle of man?

(Yes, even UK citizens..unless you're a priest or in the military)

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/dti/employmentrights/guides/workpermitsintheisleofman.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_relations_of_the_Isle_of_Man

.....all I can say is , I hope they put the crosses the right way up.

Mine's the one with the rental copy of " the wicker man " in the pocket

24. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Your Mother is also your sister

Isle Man, hillbilly country!

Yeeehaaaaaaaarr

25. Chris C

Mama's Little Man

I'm reminded of "Mama's Little Man" by Tilt:

"Don't occur to me that I ain't got no teeth / And my little golden boy as inbred as can be / In a Nazi state, we would be on the slate / Among the first to execute and then incinerate"

What makes me laugh is that most of these hatemongers don't even realize that if Hitler had his way, they would be dead as well. It's kind of like Jerry Springer (at least from what I recall, back in the late 90s), where the guests were too stupid to realize Jerry and the audience members were making fun of them.

26. YARR
    Stop

The solution...

@Tom.

Well you can conduct imaginary polls in your head, but only real elections matter. Those elections must be free and fair (no "no platform" policies) so ALL sides get an opportunity to make their case, free from the deception of their opponents.

I'm surprised you think segregation is a practical solution given that Marxist theory is predicated on everyone being the same. If any right wing person advocated confining their opponents to a certain location, then proposed their eradication as the ultimate solution, they would be imprisoned for hate crimes. Having said this, I agree that dividing people into separate geographic locations (i.e. countries) based upon their primary identity (political, religious, ethnic, cultural or otherwise) would be an effective solution to many of the world's conflicts. This theory is encompassed by Nationalism rather than multi-culturalism. If you agree with this then I suggest you vote for a real Nationalist political party in upcoming elections.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SO one person on the Isle of Man makes a racist facebook group...

...a few more people join, and media hacks with nothing btter to do than surf facebook all day long turn it into a story with which to discredit the entire island?

Hmm.

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Taking advantage

So they have a "fucking island" do they? I'd definitely take advantage of that if I were to visit - it sounds a lot more fun than watching motorbikes or that big water wheel.

29. Steve Babb
    Pirate

Ironic really...

Given that the parents of several of the lads who started it were born in the UK.

30. Richard

What have they got against combovers?

I just thought it was time someone made that joke again.

31. robert cooke

I went to that school

Can't remember the head though, he must be new. In Ballakerneen back in '93 out of 1200 students in the year there were only two black people, (they were brother and sister) There were a few chinese kids too.

Leave them to it. it's only 70,000 sheep shagging alcloholics clinging to a rock.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like