back to article Intel scales EPA 'green' list

For the past several years, IT vendors have been heavy on the lectures about how companies need to get with it and go green. But do they take their own advice? The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, working with an organization called the Green Power Partnership, puts out a quarterly report that tracks companies; local, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Green Power?

Looks like Intel used up all the green power so nobody else could have any?

But seriously, were the rankers aware that "Green" electricity suppliers buy wholesale power just like everybody else to supplement their true renewable sources?

2. AC
    Dead Vulture

well no,

"what you really want is companies to go to 100 per cent green power and to reduce their power usage"

Not in the slightest, what I really want is for the evironMENTALists to shut the fuck up.

I couldn't give a shit what effect some uninformed douche thinks we have with carbon emissions.

What I want is for companies to continue to develop and release fantastic products that either speed things up or simply make my life easier. They could cut down a rain forest for all I care so long as I benefit.

You need to stop publishing such utter drivel and maybe then, God willing, they'll finally realise no-one gives a fuck what they want as it really will make zero difference.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

"green" biofuels

Yup, cutting down rainforests, replacing food crops with fuel crops is green.....

4. Hairy
    Alert

@AC

When the Reg writes an article showing Green power in use (though I am guessing most of the numbers are fudged somewhat and as Stu pointed out, biofuels aint a particularly green way of producing power), someone who gives so little of a shit about it takes the time to write a post showing what an ignorant, selfish prick they are...

Okay there is some question over some of the claims made by some of the environmental lobby, but surely we are better safe than sorry and reducing carbon emissions isn't a bad thing in anyone's books.

This topic is closed for new posts.