back to article Circling storage in the vSphere

VMware is encroaching on storage array controller functions with vSphere 4. Who knows where it will stop? VMware has updated its Virtual Infrastructure 3 to vSphere 4 and added new storage functionality to it so that the ESX hypervisor can thinly provision storage to virtual machines (VMs). This means that when an application …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge

No Comment leads the WAI?

"We can't comment on that today." ... "We're not announcing this today.".... "One view is that VMware ultimately becomes Lord of all the data centre virtualised resource Rings; one ring to bind them all. Is that Maritz' end game?"

Yes to all three quotes, and the first two quotes are invariably used whenever yes is too bold and revealing to be blatantly shared, would make for an interesting game plan. But there are definitely others with Parallel and even Similar Views and Intentions and to consider them Pretentious, would not worry them a bit, given the Undoubted Stealth and Open Field that such a Mistake/Misunderestimate would Present for Unbridled and UnParalleled Progress.

Silence is Golden indeed.

2. Dave Harris
    Paris Hilton

Stress must be getting to me

I almost understood amanfromMars

Nurse (pictured), my pills, quickly!!!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

wedge

...as in thin end of. This 'taking over the world' idea coz we're the best has faint echoes in the past, although it is a natural progression in the VMware space right now. However, the coy 'not telling' statements re: virtual storage controller must be heartening bed-time reading for VMwares storage partners (!), in that they may just become tin manufacturers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like