back to article Obama taps America's top techie

US President Barack Obama has named Virginia's current secretary of technology to be the country's first "CTO," charged with making the federal government more responsive and efficient through applied technology. Aneesh Chopra officially got the nod Sunday morning during Obama's weekly radio and internet address. Obama said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Racist

I've read some seriously racist crap about this story in American news sites comments sections, like "stealing our jobs" and other really intelligent shit. Sounds to me like this guy is the man and Americans should be proud to have him steering their governments technology boat regardless of race.

An element of the USA needs to wake the fuck up, do they seriously want another eight years of some backward twats like Bush's administration making the science/technology decisions?

Wait.... of course they do, after all technology is bad, it helps to educate the masses to think for themselves.....

2. Shakje

This should be fun to read in a day or two then

Won't it.

3. Secretgeek
    Coat

"ADfTutWHoSaTP"?

So, this new bod is an Egyptian Pharaoh then?

I suppose he'll be really good at working from the ground up.

Yes, yes, I'm already getting it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Never heard of him

I have lived in Virginia for 20 yrs and read the papers daily (am also an Engineer), and I have never really heard of him. I vaguely remember the text book thing. But, nothing really has become of it. I have 3 kids in High School and none of this has benefited(sp?) their education. Maybe, it was for a special few. But, as with most of these gov't projects they get done and then nothing is done to make them beneficial to the people. I suspect that is what will happen again. Also, if its on Itunes its useless. I am not putting that virus on my computers.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Good!

At least the guy loves his iPhone and considers SJ to be a genius, instead of being another stupid MS-lemming...chalk one up for him!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like