back to article Twitter riddled with worms and scams (again)

Multiple new versions of the Mikeyy cross-site scripting worm spread across the Twitter micro-blogging network over the weekend. The first in the latest batch of worms berated Twitter for poor security. Mikeyy Mooney, the VXer who got a job in security days after creating the first Twitter XSS worm over the Easter holiday …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Conrad Longmore
    Alert

Yes but..

Twitter's response may not have been all that effective. But it's a helluva lot better than Web-2.0-alikes MySpace and Facebook who's attitude to this sort of thing is to pretend it isn't happening.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Tee Hee

A few more nails in the cofin of Twatter and the rest of Web 2.0.

Anything that hastens the demise of this inane drivel is a good thing.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Twitter...? Erm, ok.

Does this actually affect anybody except 14 year old girls?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The only people on Twitter are Twits

These sad excuses need to get a life.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Are they stupid?

Come on. One XSS is bad enough. But if they had coded the website properly it owuldnt take half an hour to fix it. And then go over the website again looking for any others. (That second part takes longer)

It just shows that the Twitter Admin team dont have a clue at all

6. John Gamble
    Joke

Obligatory Language Flame War Initiation

See? Should have stuck with Ruby.

7. DZ-Jay

Re: bligatory Language Flame War Initiation

Oh, I see what you did there.

However, boneheaded bad code can be written fluently by idiot code monkeys in any language.

-dZ.

8. Kanhef
    Paris Hilton

Idiot

Some people questioned Mikeyy's sense of responsibility after the first worm, but were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Promptly releasing more worms is perhaps the greatest shooting-self-in-foot moment since nominating Sarah Palin for VP.

<- even she would know better.

9. dave lawless
    Boffin

so, vandals get work

If Mikey did that here he'd find himself locked up but instead he gets employed!

No justice.

10. Moss Icely Spaceport
    Thumb Up

Twatter

More lumps of squidgy FAIL

11. andy gibson

In the words of Voyager's Doctor

"Keep a personal diary, why bore others needlessly?"

12. Mike
    Thumb Up

Twitter is important

You people don't understand, Twitter is a worthwile, exciting service, I'm sure if I didn't have a life of my own I'd want to borrow someone else's, or if I thought I was really, really, important and exciting then I could share my wonderful life with people who aren't as fun as me.

In the same vein, you can't expect them to consider things like XSS, after all this particular hack is really hard to exploit and has only been around 5 minutes..... ahem.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like