back to article Pizza-polluting YouTube plonkers soil Domino's

Two US Domino's pizza employees who filmed themselves performing a gross-out food prank have been fired, but not before the clammy hand of Web 2.0 ensured their larks would live in infamy. The salami-slaves' handiwork, uploaded to YouTube and viewed a million times before its removal, was quickly spluttered all over the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't get it

Today's generation of idiots seem to think it's a fantastic idea to not only film themselves committing a crime but to actually put it on the internet for all to see.

That's industrial grade stupid. Then again they're in their 30s and they work in the kitchen at Domino's, something tells me they were never A grade material.

2. Richard

Stick to kebabs

At least they're supposed to be filth

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"...The salami-slaves' handiwork..."

Chortle chortle.

;-)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Ummm...

"(Caper! Like on a pizza! Ha! Yes!) "

How drole.

You must be a riot at parties.

5. Yorkshirepudding
    Thumb Up

i concur

garlic dip sauce + crust FTW!

they are opening up dominoes by ours as well. which curiously is one of the most deprived areas in europe. hmmmm

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ummm

"(Personally we don't give a stuff as long as they keep bringing us that awesome garlic dippy sauce that gives the crust a whole new lease of life.)"

You don't know even want to know what the employees put in that....

7. Graham Marsden
    Coat

Why am I reminded...

... of the old Not the Nine o'Clock News sketch featuring Rowan Atkinson as a pizza maker who announces:

"One pizza Napoli...

(sneezes)

"...with extra mozarella!"

8. Aaron

Garlic sauce?

Who doesn't have that now? I mean, Papa John's was pretty much the first big chain in the US to put it in with their pizzas, but now everybody does, so who needs Domino's with their institutionalized bigotry and their lousy, mass-produced, snot-caked pies?

9. Joe K

Shame

Working at Dominos in your 30's, and you haven't even made assistant manager yet.

I'd be bitter and twisted too.

Still wouldn't take it out on innocent customers though, dirty bastards.

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So what?

I wouldn't touch their food before I saw this.

12. Neil

I had a Domino's pizza last night

Now I wish I hadn't.

<Need a "Running-for-the-toilet" icon>

13. Chris

Old pranks, new technology

A couple of my brothers friends worked in Pizza Hut back in the early 1990's and got up to similar things. Pissing in the dough machine was one of their regular routines, as was a pube in the tomatoe paste right at the end of their shift. Thank god I never ate any food from that place.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Whats worse than being in your 30s and working at dominos?

Being in your 30s' and getting fired from dominos.

15. Mike Smith
    Flame

@Graham Marsden

Never mind Not The Nine O'Clock News - take a look at the pizza scene in Betty Blue. Wasn't called La Poubelle Cuisine for nothing.

Flames, because when the unfortunate customer got her pizza, she said it was hot :-)

16. Mike Flugennock

so...any other KeepVid users...

...or ClipNabber users here manage to suck down a copy of this as an mpeg and preserve it locally? Centralized location of content, imho, has always been the Achilles Hell of YouTube and similar sites, and also rather goes against the whole concept of the Web, i.e. many copies in many places (a.k.a. "a thousand flowers blooming").

I've always had an aversion to guacamole sauce for this reason -- not so much because of any mistrust of workers in Mexican restaurants, but because of guacamole's startling resemblance to an excretion already well-discussed here.

Oh, yeah, and @ Richard: you're not going to the right Greek joints. There's good Greek joints (like the one near our place) and then there's...well, you know.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This goes on at every fast food place

First-hand knowlege, seen it happen in a very popular pizza chain.

Second-hand knowlege, two very good friends have seen it happen in a very popular burger chain.

No matter where you go, they will be "spittin' on your onion rings", the difference here is that there's evidence and no disputing it.

As unpaletable, unsavoury as it is, it (probably!) won't do you any harm and it's only upsets our sensibilities when you know it happens (ignorance is bliss).

18. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

One question...

...Since when do Dominos make sandwiches???

19. Dick Emery
    Thumb Down

Fuss over nothing

Typical corporate over reaction. OK the nose thing was a little naughty. I doubt they would have sent that out to a customer really. The fart thing wasn't even worth mentioning as he was probably only faking it and I fail to see how the food was contaminated like that.

Basically this is pretty lame and Dominos are lamer for even rising to it.

20. Steven Raith
    Thumb Up

Garlic sauce?

Dominos garlic dip stuff is horrible. But the pizza is quite nice [depends on your store really - the one in the last town I was in was rubbish].

Papa Johns garlic dip is food of the gods - but the pizzas aren't too hot at my place.

I think the answer to this is to buy a box of PJ garlic dip, and order pizzas from Dominos.

Pizza hut is just crap.

I work in IT - I know these things.

Steven R

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Corporate over-reaction??

If that's not a sackable offence, what is, Dick Emery?

Yeah, it happens in a lot of places, but that doesn't make it right. And when posted to the net and watched by thousands, associating a brand with that kind of thing is pretty significant.

22. Ray
    Heart

Good to see Sarah Bee back

Moderatrix Reloaded.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Good to see Sarah Bee back

Yeah, but back on April 1st, when I ('cos it was me) said they should give here more stories to cover, this wasn't what I had in mind.

Mind you, as that turned out to be an evil prank, designed to discomfit and upset the readership, I suppose just desserts have now been served...

24. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

WHAT A...

...BUNCH OF F^%&ING MORONS

It's not even funny, just two more idiotic wanks wasting everyone’s valuable time, recourses and bandwidth.

Please remove offending articles from gene pool.

25. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Aw. I do appreciate it, but I fear this is about my level - there's not much call for gig reviews here, and you could fill Brixton Academy with what I don't know about storage and security.

26. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

McDonalds

When I was merely a nipper, one of my friends had a summer job in McDonalds.

When I asked her how her first day had gone, she told me "The manager showed me around and explained the rules, a kind of induction. Then the other employees showed me the best way to pour piss in the chip fat". I'm not convinced that she wasn't joking!

27. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Hang on - just desserts? I've made it up to you, haven't I? No? How about I buy you a nice pizza?

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

amen

"Personally we don't give a stuff as long as they keep bringing us that awesome garlic dippy sauce that gives the crust a whole new lease of life."

Amen to that.

But it just goes to show what the internet is for, and what everyone really wants - shits and giggles people, shits and giggles.

29. Chris
    Boffin

RE: just desserts

Actually, it's just deserts, although I thought it was the other kind for a long time too, since desert is a rarely used form of the verb deserve.

See http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/english/599/dessert/

30. Moon
    Thumb Down

Meh

Domino's has to be the most meh pizzas out there. This kind of extra topping is the closest you'll get to a flavour on the 'foam packing bits on a circular dish cloth' that passes for pizza in this place

31. ratfox
    Thumb Down

@Dick Emery

You do not seem to understand. Domino did not overreacted; if anything they underreacted. Their pizzas have become associated with boogers in the mind of millions of people before they ever knew about it. That stuff can easily cost them millions.

32. Nordrick Framelhammer
    Thumb Down

Who eats there crap anyway?

thank goodness where I am there are decent places to go for pizzas and burgers so I don't have to eat the crap that Dominoes, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and Burger King jokingly refer to as food. McDonalds - 20 billion sold, 200,000 digested.

I was mildly aused by one Dominoes I went past though. They had a rubbish skip out the front labelled "Industrial waste". I thought, yep, that pretty much describes their product.

33. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

public health benefits

On one side...... eeeeewwwww :(

On the other, I wonder how many people are now going to be better off healthwise as a result of these two through changes to their diet? I know I'm seriously going to be cutting down on my take-away consumption, and I think it will be a looooooong time before I can consider a Dominos again. Coming from someone who has recently slipped into using them (Dominos) 2 or 3 times a week it should be good for me :)

34. This post has been deleted by its author

35. Fab De Marco

Don't know what you mean.....

Dominos is lovely jubly!!!!!

Go have your salads and like it!

36. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Disgusting

When I was in high school I had a part time job in an un-named restaurant and would regularly get in trouble for throwing away stuff I wouldn't eat (or serve knowingly to customers). I guess it all depends on the person and how you were brought up, but the damages they will suffer from this bad publicity on this can't be made up in any lawsuit (let's face it, if you were working there at 30 something...you have no money, no brain, no life, no resources...aka luzer).

As for the joke about pouring the p1ss in the chip fat...

If that's anything like the Frymax we used to use...you pour water (p1ss) into that and you may well splash hot, near boiling oil all over the place. Having had to handle large quantites of this stuff I can tell you that you DON'T ever want to think about doing something like this. It's one of the worst burns ever.

37. Taters
    Paris Hilton

Hmm

"And i'm gay too! hah ha"

I have to say, i laughed at that, i'm not ashamed :)

Paris: it reminded me of her laugh, and i didn't care for any of the other icons tonight

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like