back to article Excel bulletin stars in Microsoft patch batch

Microsoft released eight patches, five critical, on Tuesday as part of its regular Patch Tuesday update cycle. The bulletins collectively cover 23 separate vulnerabilities, six of which have been targeted by exploit code. The updates cover a fix (MS09-009) for a flaw in Excel that's become the target of attacks of recent weeks …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

In 3....2....1.....

Linux waffle waffle mates brothers sister-in-laws uncle says...drone drone....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In 3...2...1

Microsoft shills defending their crappy employer's products.

3. T.F. The Magnificent, Flying Trapeze Gumby Brothers and Furniture Removals.
    Stop

In 3....2....1.....

Steve Jobs drone clones will advertise their expensive/exclusive wares...

4. Rocco
    Thumb Down

How much can you...

...patch fecal matter with fecal matter? You only get bigger heaps of fecal matter!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

AmigaOS

Well I'm still on AmigaDOS & Workbench, not had a problem. Fast, Stable, Small, and not needed an update in bloody ages!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

RE: AmigaOS

Workbench was fantastic (when it first came out). It's still pretty good in a lot of regards. It had pre-emptive multitasking from the outset. Despite MSs best efforts, that's probably still not present in Vista. I haven't checked. It's certainly not part of Win2k (and probably not XP either).

An easy test is this: Open a shell and try to format a disk. Click somewhere outside of the shell window. Boom. Formatting is halted until you click back inside.

The TCP/IP stack is a pain and integrated into the OS. There's not a lot of hardware available for it anymore (no drivers). I've never seen a virus/trojan or anything else since the early 90s, so in that respect it's pretty safe to browse the net with.

You can get some MS software for the Amiga and surprise surprise, it's all shit.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like