back to article Traffic info goes mobile

The Highways Agency has launched a service to provide traffic information from its website to mobile phones and other portable devices It has highlighted the service in advance of the Easter holiday, claiming it will make it easier for people to plan their journeys. The service presents the information in a simple text based …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark
    Stop

Confused

The mobile site has been around pretty much since the service launched about 2 years ago... I must be missing something... but what?

2. Tony

Great, just what we need..

.. a way for more Grockles and Emmits to find their way here! Bugger!

I still think that Mebyon Kurnow could do us all a big favour and put a sign up at the Almondsbury Interchange saying "road south closed" send them all east then let them drive around the M25 till they run out of petrol.

For those that do get through, the big things in the field are called "cows" and the little things are called "sheep" they are where meat comes from. Yes dear, they do poo in the field, we've tried but they can't be taught to stand in line to use a toilet. But just because they drop their faeces where they stand doesn't mean that you can throw your rubbish down as well.

Oh, and please note, not everyone here is a farmer and most people don't own a tractor. And the next person who asks me to say "Oooh Arr" will get an Ivor Dewdney stuffed down their throat!

3. Jimmy Floyd
    Thumb Up

Surely not?

What's going on?! A government agency that appears to be providing useful, timely and accurate information? Ye-gads! I must be dreaming...

4. John Robson Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Passengers

are of course also available to read such missives and advise the Driver on the appropriate course (as they have done for many years)

5. Andy Davies

Hackers have been filling the gap for a while...

There are various twitterbots around e.g. http://twitter.com/UK_M5_Traffic, that have been helping to fill this gap for a while.

Now that some twitter users have got text messaging back, it will even send out text messages with the info.

Andy

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Huh?

Don't I have this on my satnav already?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like