back to article Japanese unleash Jedi Obama

Those of you who've been wondering why US prez Barack Obama has not yet solved world poverty and hunger, halted global warming and given a lovely puppy to each and every child on Earth will be relieved to learn he's still on the case, but has just been a bit tied up of late on intergalactic business: Obama with lightsaber …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Luis Ogando
    Stop

OK, Here we go..

Are we to expect the World Race Lobby to start screaming that it's totally unacceptable to have a black figure wielding lethal weaponry? I notice that none of the 'white' presidents were portrayed in such a manner (although Reagan did have guns in a couple of westerns..).

Just a thought......

Stop, 'cos it's bound to start!

2. Nick Palmer
    Thumb Up

Now I get it!

"Change, we need!" anyone?

3. Frank

Wasted Effort

All that design effort, planning, marketing etc; then they give him badly fitting clothes made from poor quality material.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

"weaponry"

"Are we to expect the World Race Lobby to start screaming that it's totally unacceptable to have a black figure wielding lethal weaponry?"

I'm probably treading on very, very thin ice here - bear in mind that I would make the same quip if this was John McCain, or indeed Gordon Brown - but how have they modelled his, er, undercarriage? Flesh-coloured y-fronts? A hidden fist?

5. General A. Annoying
    Happy

Still laughing...

especially at the first one with the pistol, in the 'James Bond' pose.

As for the final "You da man!!" image, classic!

6. Andy G
    Thumb Up

hehehe

Damn i want one !! they look cool !!

Wonder if you can collect the whole set ??

7. amanfromMars Silver badge

Plastic Fantastic Phorms ...... Getting SMARTer Applications.

Crikey, can we expect Playmobil to up the Ante with a Jacqui Smith role/pole model .... suitably provocatively dressed for those just getting on [with] the job evenings at home around the telly.

There a lot going on in the Real Political World and very little of it is ever known, even whenever it is shown to you, which says everything about the Intelligence being Used and Abused. But IT never accepts Abuse of ITself and Punishes All such Transgressions with Public Exposure to the Masses with a Complete Collapse of All Supporting Systems, with every Twist and Turn to Avoid Inevitability BroadBandCast for Posterity with ITs Damning Incontrovertible Evidence. ...... for who, in a Sane Mind, would want a Corrupting and Subversive System in Anything to Survive. It is just not Logical nor Worthy and if one were to Posit that it is only Natural, given the Nature of Man, then that would Render Law and Order a Problem which they would be Unable to Resolve and Anarchy would then Ensue.

8. Tony
    Go

@Ashley

'I would make the same quip if this was John McCain, or indeed Gordon Brown'

You can't give Gordon Brown a lightsabre - The man has no depth perception. Health and Safety would have a field day!

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out "why isn't it time for an election yet?"

9. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

A little late news?

You are getting pretty shoddy with old news. This appeared on William Gibson's blog around 4 or 5 days ago. The japanese site is funny as you scroll donw the page of photos and they change from what you'd expect and slowly getting more bizarre as we go from prez to evangelical preacher to James Bond to Rambo and finally Jedi. A modern classic.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Eric Morecambe

The best Obama is the Eric Morecambe one (3rd from bottom). Those crazy Japanese, eh?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where oh where?

Is the Alistair Darling action doll?

Complete with thick sheafs of briefing notes, detachable eyebrows and dreary monotone voice ready to pummel the evil empire of mighty - errrr - Iceland into submission.

Alistair Darling: You'll believe an accountant can fly - at least downwards until the pavement intervenes.

12. weirdcult
    Coat

wait a minute..

only one set of hands are married? or is it even just the one hand? President in one handed marriage model disconnect...

13. Chris Seiter
    Unhappy

Chia Obama

but they can't sell this: http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/04/wallgreens-pull.html.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ amanfromMars

'Crikey, can we expect Playmobil to up the Ante with a Jacqui Smith role/pole model .... suitably provocatively dressed for those just getting on [with] the job evenings at home around the telly.'

Whoa! Not only did I understand that, but it is a hugely important question for the Register's quality reporters.

Why haven't you teased us with a Playmobil recreation of the sort of filth enjoyed by Wacqui Jacqui's other half?

And don't let the feeble excuse of not knowing which movie it was get in the way. We know (and when I say "know", I mean "don't have a clue, but wouldn't it be funny if") it involved a couple of dogs, Optimus Prime and an airport security checkpoint operator.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Free at McDonalds

Gordon Brown would only be fit for a freebie as a toy with a McDonalds Happy Meal. Or maybe as a chew toy for a pitbull.

16. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Oy

also rather lacking on the IT angle

17. LaeMi Qian
    Thumb Up

US Presidential action figures come and go....

<willsmith>The difference is, Obama makes this look good!</willsmith>

18. Daniel Wilkie
    IT Angle

@AC

Back Troll, into your box :p

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

False advertising!

The singing Obama has a hand NOT in the supplied hand set! I am disgusted at this misrepresentation, and will be complaining to the Advertising Standards Authority as soon as I am allowed to make my daily phone call.

This topic is closed for new posts.