back to article Citrix set to snatch XenSource

Citrix is set to buy virtualization software maker XenSource, according to industry chatter. Analysts at Credit Suisse last week issued a research note saying that Citrix is - or at least should be - in the market for hypervisor software key to virtualizing both PCs and servers. Either XenSource or Virtual Iron - developers of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Corrine

Wouldn't this hurt the citrix/microsoft relationship?

Last I checked, MS is busy trying to oust both VMWare and Xensource with it's own virtualization platform.

Though, in the hoes of preventing (my own) panic, Citrix wouldn't own the Xen hypervisor correct? There's nothing they can do legally to close the source code off? I'm kindof using that code...

2. Ru

Happily

They can't close off existing xen code, nor would it be convenient to improve the code without returning those improvements to the community, etc etc. Cos it is all under a nice license, right?

3. Dave

Citrix/MS

This relationship has got to be screwed now anyway - the new version of windows server will support single-serve applications in a citrix style format.

Though of course, you've been able to do this for ages for free with RDesktop and SeamlessRDP...

4. Henk

Citrix/MS

Both depend on one and eachother and they won't go hurting eachother either.

MS conviently announced a delay of around a year in their 'advanced' TS features as Citrix delayed their version which can put Lunixapps next to Window apps.

http://www.brianmadden.com/content/article/Are-Citrixs-Linux-Strategy-and-Microsofts-Bear-Paw-Strategy-Related

Just have a peak there.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like