back to article Microsoft Office opening for iPhone

iPhone users will soon be able to view, edit, and share Microsoft Word and Excel files on their Jesus Phones. Announced at this week's CTIA Wireless 2009 tradeshow and conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, Quickoffice for iPhone promises a broad range of editing and file-management features. Since at least last October, Dataviz …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Wibble

Entourage, Entourage, where for art thou Entourage?

Would be an excellent application to get Entourage working on the iPhone. For the Windows afflicted, Entourage is a nice 'productivity' application that's much better than Outlook...

Would be great to sync everything from the Mac and back including tasks and projects. It currently only syncs contacts and (partially) calendars.

This would probably be far more useful on a daily basis than being able to write to Office documents.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

ODF

No support for OpenDocument?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Go

S'about time too?

Nice one QuickOffice.

Now how about iWork on my iPhone?

It sorta has a nice ring to it possibly complimenting iPlay on my iPhone?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Excellent!

Another reason not to buy a Jezuz Phone.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Why the heck would I want that?

A micros### product on my iPhone... what's next? Macro Viruses for the iPhone?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

RE: Why the heck would I want that?

Maybe to enable people who work in the real world to interact with the mountain of Microsoft product-based documents that are handled in business?

Maybe because somebody's father sent them a Word document containing a first draft for his memoirs?

The whole world isn't as cutting-edge as people might like you to believe. Also, since this is based on the iPhone's OS I doubt the same faults would arise (not to mention it's not even being published by Microsoft).

Get some perspective and step away from your Automated Microsoft Hate Machine.

7. Zack Mollusc
    Gates Halo

Yay!

Cool! All the advantages of a locked-in hardware/OS with the famous quality of microsoft products! Pre-install trial versions of realplayer , acrobat and Norton and I will buy one! Oh, and msn messenger, can't live without that.

8. Jim Coleman
    Happy

Fantastic!

So the iPhone is to get capabilities that Windows Mobile has had for....ooooh about 136 years. What's that you say? You have to pay $20 for it?

iChuckle.

Good on Microsoft for providing it for free in Windows Mobile then.

9. N

iWork

Having been thoroughly glad to see the back of the cr@p that Microsoft Word is, I cant say Id be rushing back to install it on my iPhone.

10. Scott Mckenzie

@Jim

Maybe so, but the iPhone has some things that seemingly money can't buy for Windoze... speed, reliability, desireability....

I'm sure you'll survive though

11. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Entourage? On an iPhone? Uh-huh.

What might be sweeter still is iPhone Email to have global search based folders an display incoming messages much as Apple Mail presently does and allow access to those messages without having to trundle to account to inbox to IMAP folder.

iCal and iPhone's calender do a far better job than Entourage or Outlook with an ability to display easily peasily in colour coded supreme ease one's different calendars.

I readily admit that the complications between multiple email addresses and one single email address are complicated.

Complicated for sure, partly solved equally surely, better solution(s) exit with almost certainty.

All it needs is iWork on my iPhone concept pragmatically applied?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like