back to article Google Voice forbids itself

The chocolate factory's latest service, Google Voice, expressly forbids using the service for voice mail - despite that being one of the most promoted features of the service. Google Voice not only records voice-mail messages, but also transcribes those messages into text for archiving, and to allow easy scanning for targeted …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

And furthermore

You are expressly prohibited from posting our numpty policies and making fun of us....

She knows better...

2. George
    Joke

And furthermore...

...if you are still reading this you are very sad and if you are reading T&Cs for the express idea of taking the mickey out of us you really should get a life.

3. Chris
    Alien

T&C Pointless

T&C's are pointless as they can be changed at any time by the more powerful side without warning or acceptance. What is the point!

Until T&C are mutually accepted with a contract term of at least 1 year they are as nothing.

4. adfasdf
    Stop

Google misplaces comma

Google misplaces comma.... glad I read /this/ story...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

That's what you get for being lazy

...when you copy and paste the EULA from another unrelated product.

Looks like they take EULAs as seriously as the users who are meant to read them.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

*sigh*

"...junk email, voice mail, faxes..."

Presumably this means, "junk email, junk voice mail, junk faxes..." but it was rather cumbersome that way. As usual, this is a non-story - but I guess you needed another excuse to use the phrase "chocolate factory".

7. raving angry loony

@Wiernicki

It's a legal document, binding on the user, where not following it can get people thrown in jail with a criminal record in certain countries (like the US). Given this, I'm all for taking the mickey out of what is actually written, not what you think it ought to have said.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Err...

Why do you need lawyers when you've got <ctrl>+c, <ctrl>+v? This isn't the first time that this has happened at Google (Apple have been at it too).

You'd think that two companies with such vast legal departments could afford a proof reader.

9. James
    Linux

Funny EULAs

I preferred the Codeweavers one on their Crossover product for running Windows apps on Linux, which said something at the top about how important it was to read the whole thing, especially the bit about having to wash their car for them. At the bottom was something along the lines of "no, you don't really have to wash it, but if you insist, it's the red VW at the South end of the parking lot. Hah - made you look!".

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. This post has been deleted by its author

12. Kanhef

@David Wiernicki

This is a good example of why all legal documents should be written by Lisp programmers.

13. ratfox
    Thumb Down

Another example

of why EULA should be ignored.

Hopefully, the whole concept will be challenged in court, on the grounds that nobody reads them anyway.

14. Trevor Pott Gold badge

Context?

In context, I would imagine you can use Google Voice as YOUR voicemail, but you can't use it to spam or otherwise irritate other peoples' voicemail.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Re: Wait a moment...!

I thought it was obvious... they're not responsible for the loss/deletion/deactivation of the voicemail that you're not allowed to use anyway.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like