back to article Sony hints at eco-friendly HD TV future

Sony is set to make its TVs more environmentally friendly, and all you have to do is lie down and go to sleep. Sony_Bravia_WE5_01 Sony's Bravia WE5: scans for viewer movement The electronics giant recently launched the 100Hz Bravia WE5 “Eco” TV, which is fitted with a motion-sensor that tells the set to switch its display …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tim Bates
    Thumb Up

As long as it's optional.

Sounds like a half decent idea actually... They've even recognised people do get up at times and leave the room while still listening, so it sounds pretty good.

I think this is about the 2nd thing in my life I've ever thought was a good idea from Sony. And I agree it should be standard, especially on the bigger power hungry TVs. As long as the user has the option to turn it off if it's not working for them (say if they have a cabinet that blocks the sensor or watch from too far away for it to see them) that is...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

New backlight technology gives 50% saving

The 50% power reduction comes from the new technology backlight which is more efficient. The presence sensor is for added savings.

And yes you can deactivate the sensor if it causes problems in your viewing environment.

3. JP
    Unhappy

But...

I sleep with my eyes open :o(

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like