back to article Pentagon hacker Analyzer suspected of $10m cyberheist

Charges against notorious hacker-turned-suspected-cyber-fraudster Ehud Tenenbaum have expanded to include alleged fraud involving banks and credit card firms in both Canada and the US. Ehud Tenenbaum (AKA The Analyzer), 29, was arrested in Canada last September on suspicion he conspired with others to hack into the systems of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alex Carter

Good show

I suspect Ehud's new prison chums will give him a thorough analyzing.

2. Jared Vanderbilt

Baby steps.

It's a pattern we've seen before. The notoriety achieved by teenage hackers drives them further up (or down) the food chain. Earlier and longer prison terms would give them more time to reflect.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Alex

I suspect you're wrong - considering how ubiquitous globally the pre paid credit card system is, and just how easy it can be to profit from hacking it (as opposed to the more complex and therefore more risky methods that require a delivery address of ordering goods using stolen cards/card details), he will probably be slapped about a bit to show him he is nothing, then protected by those inside with the wherewithal and nouse to make use of him when he is let out. Unless he goes down for 10+ years, it really won't that difficult to keep up to date with the latest coding trends, and find ways around them.

After all, people are involved, and greed and stupidity abound.

4. Alex Carter

@Anonymous Coward

No doubt you're right, I just wanted to make a silly pun on the word 'anal'.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like