back to article UK's child protection database delayed again

The government's child protection database, which will have entries for 11.3 million people who have contact with children or vulnerable adults, has been delayed again. The Independent Safeguarding Authority's system will now be fully-functioning by 26 July 2010 rather than 12 October. Legislation was introduced in 2006 after …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Sigh!

Ian Huntley didn't work at a primary school, he worked at a secondary school.

2. Michael

Staff moderating websites accessed by children also need to register.

I still don't understand how the fuck that's meant to work.

3. Hollerith

@AC

There you go,then -- the system worked!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

and

and he was a janitor, and the kids didn't go to his school. I love how they're all so f-----g clueless about their faverate pin up for the "child protection databases campaign" if we'd had better data sharing huntley wouldn't have worked with kids!

Tshhhh

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Michael

You're not the only one.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Staff moderating websites accessed by children also need to register.

You build a site aimed at the children of the techological boom age and fill it with reconstructions of infamous IT stories using playmobil figures. Once these innocent little children have been hooked you allow them to leave asinine comments not unlike this one moderated over by a domineering voluptuous beauty clad in... well I'll let your imagination run riot about that. UK Gov PLC pick up on this and insist that the moderatrix pays her 64 quid to register on this magical database thingy making us all safe from nasty strangers we don't know from Adam.

Personally I'll sleep a lot sounder once our moderatrix has been vetted.

More seriously it makes my feel like building a site aimed at children just so I can stick two fingers up at wacky jaqui and tell her to FRO.

7. Paul
    Stop

how many staff does it have?

I heard the chief exec of the ISA on woman's hour the best part of a year ago. I wondered at the time whether he was full pay, what with not having an organisation to run. Ho hum.

8. Christoph

@ Michael

It proves that They Are Doing Something.

It shows that Measures Are Being Taken.

There you are - job done.

Err ... unless you had some weird idea about it being supposed to actually do anything useful?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

After the General Election?

So it's delayed until after the general election? Until the government find a convenient excuse for indefinitely postponing the general election, that is.

10. RW
    Flame

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Quoth a mouthpiece: "This scheme is built on existing strong safeguards and significantly more will start on 12 October but it is vital the scheme's final elements are properly designed, piloted and tested before they are introduced."

My instinctive reaction was "more NuLab bullshit and lies". And I live in Canada, not under the thumb of NL. "Existing strong safeguards" my eye! The system will probably leak information like a clapped out sieve and be full of innumerable factual errors that cannot be corrected. The "properly designed, piloted and tested" line is revealed as a lie because NuLab's track record with IT is that nothing is ever done properly, nothing at all.

Do Mr. Brown and Mrs. Smith realize that they and their party have absolutely _NO_ credibility? That everything they or their underlings say is presumed to be lies forged by spin doctors? How can they look themselves in the mirror in the morning?

[Sadly, Firefox pre-fill tells me that I've already used this subject line at least once.]

11. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

This database does not go far enough...

as it does not cover, parents, grand parents, aunts, uncles, friends ....... why not have everyone on this database linked to the NHS and Police then we can really get the purge underway.

12. John Smith Gold badge

vital the scheme's final elements

"are properly designed, piloted and tested before they are introduced."

So let me see if I have the official story straight.

The full roll out was set for when?

But *then* they realised the schemes "Final elements" had not even been *designed* yet.

So they thought they'd better get a move on.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

and tomorrow...

all you hypocrites will be whining about an invasion of personal privacy. Make your Daily Mail minds up.

14. Sir Runcible Spoon
    Flame

won't some *actually* think of the children?

Forget the whining or sarcasm that usually co-incides with this question, but since it is known* that the VAST majority of child abuse occurs in the home by either a parent or relative or close friend of the family - WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY ACTUALLY DOING TO PROTECT CHILDREN!??!?! FFS!!!

and I never resort to caps - these people make me madder than the tw@ who has just lied about ramming my car from behind and claiming it was my fault - and that's pretty angry I can tell you.

*I realise I'm supposed to quote a wiki source or something at this point, but does anyone NOT know this?

Flames, because whilst they fiddle, Rome burns. (no pun intended)

15. EnricoSuarve
    Stop

@anon

"all you hypocrites will be whining about an invasion of personal privacy. Make your Daily Mail minds up."

Nope we are being pretty damned consistent - do you not think forcing people to sign up to yet another pointless database is yet another invasion of privacy?

How does this database help keep things private?

All in all - do you know whatthe word hypocrite means?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like