back to article Ex-MI5 agent Shayler claims to be chav messiah

Well-known former MI5 officer and 9/11 conspiracy theorist David Shayler has taken a further step along the path to fruitcakeville, suggesting to a TV news interviewer that he is the Messiah. Describing an occasion on which he had been anointed by a mystic representing biblical figure Mary Magdalene, the confused ex-spook told …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Yates

Poor Guy

I met Shayler a few years back when he gave a talk on what the government was doing to shut him up.

He seemed like a pretty normal guy who was just very enthusiastic about outing the wrongs of our government.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's a conspiricy..

..if you watch the footage of this interview you can clearly see that the interviewee is actually an android surrounded by a David Shayler hologram.

Well, *I* can after a six-course liquid lunch.

3. Brutus

They've got to him

Obviously the spookshow has been using its mind-scrambling microwaves on him in an attempt to discredit him and bury the truth of 9/11.

4. Marvin the Martian

Losing the plot

He already was already epically unfunny on Have I got news for you, which he joined via satellite. His teammate Paul Merton turned off the TV he was appearing on --- and there was much rejoicing!

[2002: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3vTn7C2kkE ]

5. Art

Chav Messiah

Ref Hebrew and Chav

Hebrew, from chaver, friend

e.g. The Progressive Chavurah - http://www.chav.net/

6. Jeremy

Oh my god...

"Do I sound mentally ill?"

'Nuff said... I decide whether what I've just watched is desperately sad or the funniest thing I've ever seen....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

either...

He's not well, in which case I wish him a speedy recovery, or he's cottoned on to the fact that there's a ton of cash waiting on the conspiracy theory lecture circuit. David Ike doesn't exactly starve.

8. Nano nano

Euripides

Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad ...

9. amanfromMars Silver badge

Change is as Change does...and has done

I couldn't possibly disagree with him about MI5/MI6 and as for all that holograms stuff, well....... he may be right there too .... http://cryptome.org/reynolds-v-saic.pdf

Just not so nutty, now, is IT? :-)

Don't worry though, the Register knows Control and how IT is Shared in Steganography .... as should do IBM Internet Security Systems if their Systems work as well as they should/could.

10. Dan

pretty normal guy

And so was David Ike until he started wearing tracksuits and declaring himself the son of God. But then pressure can do a lot of things to the mind, not to mention mid-life crises.

And both Ike and Shayler are/were of the right age for a good old fashioned mid-life crises. Or they were/are both just bonkers and were better at covering it up back then.

Of course Shayler would say it was in fact the MI5 microwave thought control satellite in geo-sync orbit over his head :)

I watched the interview with him and his ex-MI5 girlfriend. Both struck me as wierd and arrogant. So his belief he is the Messiah.....really doesn't surprise me !!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shill

Shayler is your standard COINTELPRO operative who's goal is to disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or otherwise neutralize the activities of political dissent, such as the 9/11 Truth movement.

First they get involved in the movement and make some contributions to get some respect. After, they push silly theories to slowly discredit the movement. For example, Shayler believes in holograms and no-planes hit the towers. This has been dismissed over and over by the majority of 9/11 Truth activists.

Finally, when they are rejected by the majority of the movement, they go all out and declare something outrageous -i.e. like declaring oneself the Messiah. This taints the whole movement and pushes people to dismiss all the claims Shayler made (even the viable ones forwarded by 9/11 Truth).

Why the media in the UK give so much attention to Shayler should give you the first hint.

12. Pascal Monett Silver badge

And so it begins

"I believe no planes were involved in 9/11"

And in fifty years, there will be people who won't believe that the Twin Towers ever even existed.

Why is it that there always has to be a group of people that deny every important thing that ever happened in History ?

More importantly : why is it that some people are so adamant at dismissing the Holocaust, refusing the Gulags and now doubting the two planes, and yet these same vocal dissenters are not marching in front of the White House every day to protest the lies told by Bush to the entire world ?

Apparently it is a lot more fun to discredit the truth instead of protesting against political muckiness.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Webs we weave

"why is it that some people are so adamant at dismissing the Holocaust, refusing the Gulags and now doubting the two planes, and yet these same vocal dissenters are not marching in front of the White House every day to protest the lies told by Bush to the entire world?"

You still believe that "George Bush" is "President"? And that there is a "world"?

14. Dillon Pyron

Drugs

One of two things. Either he needs more drugs, or less.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

perception and much much more

sounds like um my type of gentleman

human somehow understand one another how is communication possible it is not yet that is communication

just howmuch does it cost for the information on countering those bloody microwaves, sure lot of people need..

16. Peter Mellor

Re various comments, but particularly "Shill"

The world of conspiracy theory is (if possible) even more bizarre than that of the so-called "security" services (but *please* read "The Men Who Stare at Goats" by Jon Ronson.)

When David Shayler first blew the whistle about dirty tricks by British Intelligence, he was widely hailed as a hero, and what he was saying was perfectly rational. (He brought to mind the cases of Sarah Tisdall and Clive Ponting.) It is sad that he now seems to have totally taken leave of his senses, and is sounding more like David Icke (pronounced "Ike", but note the spelling), as people have said. See: http://www.davidicke.com/index.php/

In answer to the "shill" comment: yes, I know what a "shill" is, but the counter-counter-counter-conspiracy theory is just a bit sillier than Shayler's original conspiracy theory. I'll see you in Paradise over a couple of virgins (since you seem to share a view with some Islamofascist dingbats) or after the Rapture (since there seems to be no crap that some shit-for-brains won't believe).

Cheers,

Pete

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

what a comparison of lives

I once had this bizarre dream in which a black virgin marry surrounded by white light stated that "you will be the bestSpy ever" and she was pointing at me and up...though at the time i was in a stress situation that brought it upon me, so it is what a shrink will say...me, well, spying, what isSpying and somehow it is what i always prayed for just like coming to america, now i am trying to escape...escape from those microwaves like that lad...so what is to be molded of me by my desire of the lips?

What is possible, that is not, that is, that is not?

18. Chris

a former thorn in the side of the establishment

It is always very sad when someone develops mental illness, as in the case of David Shayler, who has recently started hearing a voice in his head. Of course those who don't like the message that Dave (Messiah is a messenger) had 11 years ago about incompetent and illegal activities of our security services, or in more recent times, the huge holes there are in the Official Conspiracy Theory regarding the US Government’s version of events as to what happened on 9/11, will of course take great pleasure in reporting and taking the piss out of Shayler's recent claims. The very fact the same media that refuse to report on the obvious murder of David Kelly, or the controlled demolitions of the Twin Towers and World Trade Centre Building 7 on 911, are all of a sudden giving such prominence to Dave’s latest claims, should reveal the scent of a rat to anyone who is open to the belief that our Governments sometimes lie to us. Strange that when David Shayler was talking a lot of sense a couple of years ago when he joined the 911 Truth Movement, his claims about US state involvement in 911 received no media coverage whatsoever, but now when he is clearly suffering from a form of mental illness, anything he says is receiving full page features in our national newspapers who will have no moral qualms about reporting the words of a mentally ill person, especially if at the same time, it will cast doubt over the highly overwhelming academic research that has been made over recent years implying that we have been lied to by the US Government about 9/11. Do you smell a rat yet?

I hope that Dave gets better soon, a shame that he will eventually have to come to terms that his reputation is now in complete tatters and that “the message” he had about 911 being an inside job and the fact we have a fascist government will always be lost with snide sarcastic quips about his Messiah revelation. He has only himself to blame for this, he has handed himself on a plate to the media to be an international laughing stock and fool of the highest order. Fortunately, his ex-partner and fellow MI5 whistleblower, Annie Machon, has not lost the plot, and continues to be a thorn in the side of the Establishment and a great asset to the 911 Truth Campaign. Nothing changes in the fact that the US Government has lied to us concerning 9/11, despite every effort they will make using Shayler’s comments to attempt to prove otherwise.

19. Tom Bedlam

Righteous Chav

Just what this world needs-A chav messiah!

Best laugh I've had all week!

Shayler is an ontological genius.

This topic is closed for new posts.