back to article Apple iPhone to get OLED screen, claims mole

Apple may launch a host of gadgets with OLED displays later this year, including an OLED-equipped iPhone, it has been suggested. Unnamed moles in Korea have been quoted by numerous online sites saying that the gadget line-up will also include netbooks, monitors and a new iPod Touch. It’s worth noting that the source of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Unnamed moles in Korea

Has Monty Mole (http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k297/Koopatroopa2k6/VG%20Superstars%20Pack/Nintendo%20Characters/MontyMole.png) gone underground ?

Those under 30 years old remember won't Zx Spectrums or C64s and the old games...

When will we get some real journalism... or you could quote some more : "an unnamed mole in Dudley has said the next iPhone will be made from recycled soya beans"

or even,

"will be powered by the sun's rays falling on Donuts and Tea" (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/03/20/diy_teatime_solar_cells/)

2. Neil Hoskins
    Thumb Down

Ooooo.....

... a bit like the forthcoming Samsung Omnia HD, then, only that won't get a load of free publicity because it's not made by Apple.

3. OrsonX
    Unhappy

Be the first to post a comment?

Firs....., no wait, I don't want to be, where have all the early comments gone?

Has something changed in the way the comments appear on El Reg? I ask as for the last few days there have been no comments on any of the new stories (the top 7 above the gray divider), and even below this line there are fewer comments...

maybe I'm just being paranoid, but it's a Friday and this is an iPhone story and yet I'm all alone, sob..

4. Nursing A Semi
    Thumb Down

@ OrsonX

Well some comments do not make it past inspection, I tried to post a witty retort in relation to a typo but it ended up in the bin and the typo corrected.

So no you are not alone but the rest of us are all sat in the recycle bin.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Spoilsports

You originally typed "a thickness of 3m" and a few of us commented on it, just for a laugh. Don't be so po-faced as to block those comments, you just end up looking really miserable!

6. Joel
    Dead Vulture

A Little Behind the Curve Reporting

Umm, guess ya havent been to Sony's website lately. They have reduced the cost of their 11" display to under US$2500...

7. Bod

Ensured obsolescence then

If like many OLED screens for portable devices it has the same lifetime limitations, then that's a sure way to get your iPhone users to replace the phone when the warranty is up. Just need to match the warranty to the lifespan of course ;)

8. Andrew Molyneux
    Thumb Down

The XEL-1 isn't that expensive...

I saw an XEL-1 in a Sony shop when I was on holiday in Florida last November, and it was priced at $2499 - less than half the price stated in the article. Still pretty bloody expensive for a TV the size of a digital photo frame though :-)

9. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

@Dollar Value Nitpickers

That's a *conversion* into dollars, not what an American would pay if they walked into a US Sony Store and asked to take a XEL-1 home.

£3490 is what Sony asking for it in the UK: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/01/28/sony_xel1_blighty/

I'm tried of explaining this, so it'll be the last time...

Prices in brackets are conversions based on the time-of-publication exchange rate. Figures not in brackets are retail prices.

10. vincent himpe

But can it beam contacts and files and play stereo audio ?

That would be the first question to answer ....

world -cough- best music player.. can;t even transmit stereo audio over bluetooth.. how stupid is that.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@vincent unhelpful

So they're forcing you to buy one are they? Shocking!

12. sleepy

@vincent himpe

Stereo bluetooth is in the next software update (probably June) for iPhone. yawn... and MMS yawn . . . and copy and pzzzzz...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like