back to article Former employee of Obama CIO pick busted for bribery

An employee who worked for President Obama's pick for federal CIO has been arrested by the FBI and charged in a federal bribery sting, according to news reports. Yusuf Acar, 40, was taken custody Thursday under suspicion of soliciting and accepting bribes in exchange for awarding contracts, according to The Washington Post and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark Spooner

CIOs

The title of "CIO" means less and less every day

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not surprised

With a full third of his cabinet nominations under investigation for tax fraud or other "ethics" malfunctions, I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg for this bozo's administration.

3. raving angry loony

scraping bottom

I see the anti-Obama brigade is REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel here. What's next? They arrest the sister of the friend of the cousin of Obama's hairdresser, and it's supposed to make Obama guilty of something??? Give me a break.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Bama admin will be noted for it's staff of criminals

Bama has a history of close asssociation with criminals including convicted domestic terrorist Ayres, Blago, Kwame Kilpatrick and more. Bama even appointed tax cheats to his cabinet. History will show Bama's reign full of crime and he may even be impeached as a result.

5. Daniel Silver badge
    Stop

Re: Staff of criminals

Given that we all only 'know' what we're presented by the media, and news outlets censor by definition (because they can't report everything, all the time), I'd still like to point out that Obama seems to be doing alright and seems to be liked. There, that's the scientific bit out of the way.

Now, just to put things in perspective, let's look at the Bush administrations' brightest stars, according to citizensforethics.org:

=== Claude Allen ===

Presidential assistant on Domestic Policy, was arrested in 2006 on two charges for stealing merchandise from Target and Hecht’s stores: theft by scheme over $500 and theft over $500.

=== Lewis "Scooter" Libby ===

Vice-Presidential Chief of Staff. Convicted in 2008 of lying and obstructing a leak investigation over the run-up to the Iraq war.

=== Darleen A. Druyun ===

Served as the number two acquisition executive for the U.S. Air Force. In April 2004, following a criminal fraud investigation, Ms. Druyun reached a plea agreement with the government where she admitted illegally favoring Boeing in billion-dollar contract negotiations.

=== Karl W. Rove ===

Chief Presidential Strategist. Linked to the firing of several US Attorneys and the wrongful conviction of former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. No convictions were made, and the investigations were not pursued after extensive lobbying 'convinced' the Justice Department that such a course of action would not be in the public interest.

=== Kyle “Dusty” Foggo ===

Executive director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Mr. Foggo resigned as executive director after news reports stated that he had attended poker games organized by Brent Wilkes, a defense contractor under federal investigation for bribing former Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham.

=== Janet Rehnquist ===

Inspector general of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Rehnquist resigned on June 1, 2003, while the subject of ongoing investigations by the U.S. General Accounting Office (“GAO”) for "Undermining the Integrity of the Office". Rehnquist is the daughter of former Chief Judge William Rehnquist.

=== Robert T. Schofield ===

Assistant deputy director of Examinations for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS-INS). In June 2006, Mr. Schofield was arrested and charged with illegally granting residency and issuing naturalization certificates to more than 100 unqualified immigrants as part of an eight-year long scam run out of his Fairfax, Virginia office.

The list goes on and on - the top 25 Most Corrupt Bush Administration officials can be found here: http://citizensforethics.org/files/execcorruption/executivecorruptionreport.pdf.

6. Player_16

Who's Bama?

I don't remember reading anything about someone named 'Bama'? Enlighten me ya Coward!

Well we do know the other 'admin' will be noted for bringing THE WORLD to its knees.

7. Tom

You forgot the 'yet'

As in: "Appointee not linked to wrongdoing - Yet"

DC city government is the only city government in the US that is significantly more corrupt than Chicago's. You can swing a dead rat without hit a crook in the DC government. From convicted felons running security agencies on there are no apples in the barrel that aren't rotten.

8. kain preacher

Wait

So he no longer works for the appointee?? So how is this bad on Obama or the appointee ??

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Who's Bama?

Is slang for Alabama. Well Here in the states .

10. Walking Turtle
    Stop

To Follow a Great Crime...

Follow the BIG Money.

Or what now passes for it in these Untied States, anyway. It comes down to a sub-rosa two-tier system, in fact. Gold and other intrinsically valuable items for the elite, and debt-instruments in dollar denominations for the Rest of Us. Meanwhile the US International Settlements Account (aka "Accounts Payable") still stands deeply in arears.

Even under Obama the Magnificent, the Merciful, the Panacaea of Purportment. (Heaven help him.)

See http://www.edwardharle.com/news for the definitive running account of the affair. Takes sorting, like any other complex matter. But it sorts, and not in Uncle Sam's favor at all, I am sad to mention.

Meet the New Crims. Same circular-rollover "Ponzi" MO as the Old Crims. Only more slickerer.

I think Mr. Obama should blow the BIG WHISTLE and then bail to the bunker until it is again safe for an honest man to come out. Once the Bushista/Clintonista faction that pretty much composes his Cabinet has been properly charged, arrested and frog-marched out the White House front door by Federal DoJ agents, he'd only have the murderous Banking Sector's disgruntled reps and their gunsels to duck and avoid.

He should do so before the UN hires Interpol to do the job, no less, imho. Elsewise, the misprison of the felony might taint Himself, to be sure.

Glad I am not in his shoes. But I think that is what by rights the man *should* do.

11. Frank Winstead
    Unhappy

The worst to come

Mary "Moonbeam" Cheh heads the DC Council Committee that has oversight jurisdiction over this mess. Cheh recently started a campaign to implement regulations to force local businesses which are already bordering on failure to replace their lighting with more expensive environmentally friendly bulbs.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like