back to article Silverlight and open-source Java love has its day

Microsoft's investment in interoperability between Silverlight and open-source Java has paid off. French IT company Soyatec has released Eclipse4SL under the Eclipse Public License 1.0 on SourceForge, and submitted it to the Eclipse Foundation as an open Eclipse project. Eclipse4SL can be found here and here. Eclipse4SL is an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Darren Bell
    Unhappy

No way

I use Eclipse for everyday development. Why would I want to use Silverlight? I'm now playing around with JavaFX and GWT. We are not sure which we are going to go with yet. But, we can be sure that whichever way we go, we'll be targeting nearly all browsers and systems out there.

In this day and age and in this economy, you just cannot limit your target audience. It's suicide.

2. Mark Rendle

@Darren

JavaFX or GWT... what's the difference? The question is, in what typeface would you like them to write your choice on your gravestone?

3. William Old
    Gates Horns

Meanwhile, in other news...

... Microsoft attempts to crush Linux by suing TomTom for alleged patent violations by the GPL code it uses in its sat nav devices...

"Embedded Windows"... :-) As in, embedded in the bottom of the river, where it ends up after users have had enough of the crashes, viruses, and the shoddy "user experience" that is the inevitable consequence of using Microsoft's fifth-rate software offerings...

Yech....

4. nicholas22
    Flame

disgusting

This is such an obvious move, I say 'Beware of Greeks bearing gifts'...

and:

@Darren: Better JavaFX/GWT than Silverlight, that's for sure.

@Mark: You are clearly some kind of fanboy, so stfu.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@nicholas22

If fanboys did as you asked, 99.9% of the people on these comments pages would stop posting (here's hoping.) Classy and original response to someone who isn't rabidly ant-Micrososft, though. At least you haven't spelt it 'fanboi' or used 'fail' in there somewhere. Might be some hope for you and others if you can get over the just-because-it's-not-Microsoft mentality and stop frothing at the mouth when people don't jump to follow your example. I won't hold my breath.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Anonymous Coward

Hah hah, glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks people like Nicholas 22 are dick heads. And yeah, the whole 'fail' thing is pathetic. Still, on the positive side, I console my self with the thought that all the knobs using 'fanboi' and 'fail' type language will all die virgins.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

...will all die virgins

it's not true

I touched a girl...once.

They're soft , ya know.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like