back to article Man punts 'prototype' iPhones on eBay

The iPhone has been updated, with two new models of the phone popping up for sale online. iphone_prototype_01 One of the prototype iPhones running a beta OS Sound too good to be true? Well, sadly, it is, because the two models are actually – according to their eBay seller - “rare and collectable” examples of prototype …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    Paris Hilton

Buttons.

I wonder what the "More Other" button does?

Paris, because she likes more of the other.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is it bad...

...that I like that UI more than the real one?

3. darkmooink

iphoney

is it me or dose this this look like the iphoney that was featured a while ago?

4. Happy Moose
    Coat

Overpriced, doesn't work properly...

Sounds just like the one in the shops!

Mine's the one with the paperweight in the pocket.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

meh...

either way dumb people are releaved of their money, whether its a phony iFone, a prototype iFone or a real one

6. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

My eyes

Are my eyes knackered or does the bottom picture (the keyboard) turn into an optical illusion? Go about 3 feet from the monitor and scan your eyes over it - anyone else seeing white dots appear in the corners between keys?

Off to the optician otherwise. Bill - cos he's got glasses on.

7. Silas Parker
    Boffin

@My eyes

Seeing dots between correctly spaced dots is a known optical illusion, see

http://www.instructables.com/id/Optical_Illusion_Black_Squares_and_Gray_Dots/

8. This post has been deleted by its author

9. Michael MacAskill
    Boffin

Your eyes

Yes, its a version of the well known Hermann grid illusion:

mathworld.wolfram.com/ScintillatingGridIllusion.html

10. Wade Burchette
    Jobs Halo

Proof positive

Proof positive the Mac disciples worship Steve Jobs. Apple could put dirt in a box and sell their iDirt for $100 a box. And the Mac disciples would pay for it. Then they would pay to have their whole yard with iDirt and have their self-righteous holier-than-thou walk about them because they have iDirt.

If someone sold Steve Jobs stool sample, some Mac zealot would buy it. Do you think I'm joking? I am not. iCrap would be an instant success. The most hardcore Mac fanboys and fangirls long ago lost their touch on reality.

11. Jessica Werkz

@Wade Burchette

"The most hardcore Mac fanboys and fangirls long ago lost their touch on reality."

This is proof positive that you have completely lost the plot.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

It's an Lcars UI!!

I love the look of it, but it's still an iPhone.

"Computer, status!!"

Alien... well... ya know!

13. Chris P

Linux-'tards need not apply

Wade, go back to tinkering with your Linux kernel, and stop moaning about how you can't afford anything made by Apple. Staying in the past and moaning about the present doesn't help you move forward into the future - Apple at least push the boundaries to see what is actually possible. When was the last time YOU thought outside of the box?

Surviving prototypes of ANYTHING are always collectable in somebody's eyes. Personally I wouldn't mind an IBM AT prototype because I've still got a 'real' one.

At time of writing, the ebay link is dead.

Besides, iDirt and iCrap aren't white, so no self respecting Mac owner would tarnish their desk with them.

14. Paul
    Thumb Up

@Wade Burchette

Clap Clap for the Handicap!!!

eBay item has been removed!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

mm just a thought...about proof positive

is cult of mac becoming bit more like scientology?

striking parralers minus the little scary ghosts that ruin your life?

16. Wade Burchette
    Jobs Halo

Proof positive

Comments to me are proof positive I am right. I struck a nerve. I found out a long time ago that the quickest way to make some angry is to be right. Try it.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Be careful, Michael

It looks like KITT, from Knight Rider.

18. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Alert

Hmmm...

So he unlocked and iPhone and wrote some emulation software. Apple Fanbois will be wetting themselves, like a gift from the Lord God Jobs himself. Apple equivalent of the shroud or Jesus' finger bones. The very same ones that many craftsmen made from animal bone in the middle ages when relics were big business!

Get real!

19. Benedict Addis
    Thumb Up

Cereal number

I like that the serial number option is a box of Cheerios - clearly this UI was designed by the techies

20. Iain

To extend a metaphor

On his ebay listing, next to primeval Jesus phones, does he also have pieces of the True Cross?

21. Chris P
    Thumb Up

@ Wade

But you didn't answer the question Wade, when did you last think outside of the box? And you retaliated...which by your assertion makes the rest of us right.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like