back to article MPs vote to keep addresses private (theirs, not yours)

Members of Parliament have voted themselves the right to withhold their names and addresses from publication. Candidates at Parliamentary elections will get the same right. This is perhaps less surprising than it ought to have been. Last May, the High Court ruled in a Freedom of Information case that MPs' addresses should be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Eponymous Cowherd
    Black Helicopters

I See....

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear, then?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

you know,

Is there actually any point in parliment anymore? We may aswell just have the cabinet and get rid of the rest of the MPs based no how government has worked over the past few years.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quite right too.

And soon they will need houses in gated communities, close to pleasant areas country parks and the seeside. Better close off the surronding areas too, we don't want just anyone thinking that they too can share this tranquility.. And how about a special, restricted access, lane in the center of the road reserved just for them. And special restricted access shops where they can shop quietly in peace and safety. But then they would need special currency or cards only accepted by those shops so that only they could buy those products, and not just any peon.

And they should get another pay rise to compensate them for all of the stress that they and their faimilies are under. Lets face it this country is now the safest and most stress free country in the world. And there are obviously no othet occupations as dangerous or stressful as being an MP. I bet most of the SAS and SBS are, even now, sat in their concealed obsevation bunkers, thanking their gods that they have the easy jobs and aren't in the real front line like the MPs.

4. Niall Campbell
    Black Helicopters

Charlatans

What gives these jumped up representatives of the people different rights to the rest of the general public? They will gladly vote to restrict the freedoms of the public while enhancing their own. All politicians choose to put themselves in the public eye and by doing so, they should accept the consequences of that decision. Knowing where your MP lives is fundamental to knowing whether they are worth voting for in the future. Are they local? Do they know what concerns you? What are the issues on which they should be acting on you behalf?

Instead, what we get is unaccountable people who feather their own nests and act only in their own best interests.

As I always say, How can you tell when a politician is lying? Their lips move!!

Guy Fawkes and his cohorts had the right idea!

5. Matt

Sarcasm?

You said "After all, it is not as though previous generations of MPs have had to put up with such risks.". I hope that's sarcasm, as my local MP was the victim of a IRA car bomb at his home.

Personally I think that either we all have a right to privacy as we can all be victims of harassment or not. MPs are not a special case, they are our servants and need to remember that.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

They've lost another voter

One of my criteria for voting, is where the candidate lives. At the last local elections, only one candidate actually lived in the ward (I sometimes see him at my sons school). Of the others, one gave a posh city-centre address, and two lived outside the city.

Guess who got my vote ?

If I can't tell if a candidate is locally motivated or not, they won't get my vote.

I wonder how long we can go on with ever increasing numbers of the population being disenfranchised ?

7. J.G.Harston Silver badge

They know where I live

I'm a local councillor, and my address gets published. Typical one law for MPs, another for everybody else.

8. Ash
    Happy

No matter.

It's exactly for reasons like this that Wikileaks exists.

9. Paul

*sigh*

I think that the MP's do have a right to privacy, as much as any other person does, however it does go to show how ineffeciant this government has been. They introduce the Freedom of Information act that says "look, ask us anything and we have to tell you" and then have to shove in a tonne of extra clauses to various Acts of Parlement to cover things they didn't think of.

I bet if the entire bunch of MP's disappeared one day the country will still run perfectly fine!

10. Ken Hagan Gold badge
    Unhappy

How naive...

...of MPs to think that this will make them safer. Think about it. MPs are leading figures within their own constituency. I bet their addresses are known to hundreds of constituents, and all their children's friends at school will know where they live, and... Well, the list is surely endless.

I don't suppose they do feel safe, I bet they do get letters in green ink, and it must indeed be hard to be "married to a target". This, however, is not the answer. The message it sends is "We're so stupid we actually think this might make a difference.". That's *not* the message I want to get from my MP.

11. Michael Fremlins

It won't be long...

before the names of "our" MPs are secret. Please vote for either A, B, or C.

Parliament is a pointless institution. Its members have forgotten that they are there to keep a check on the government.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@AC Quite right too"

Is proximity to bishops particularly to be prized, then?

13. David
    Coat

Heh

"MPs vote to keep addresses private (theirs, not yours)"

D twatdangler 26 homeroad

Z nobface 25 homeroad

F Talking-Crap 24 homeroad

<content removed to protect identity>

W TimothyFredericks 22 homeroad

I'l get my own coat thank you

14. Jonathan

Wow

Quote: "He pointed out that the High Court's "dangerous decision" to allow addresses to be revealed"

You know, I thought it was supposed to be the High Court that instructed the government, not the other way around. So thats what happens to separation of powers hey? The government decides its for the birds.

Seriously, with this lot running the UK, it must be easily as corrupt as the most corrupt African dictatorship.

15. Steve
    Thumb Down

Who do they think they are?

These are OUR public representatives to OUR parliament. Far from being hidden, their names and addresses should be posted on the noticeboard of every town hall in the country. Certainly that may place them at risk from unhappy voters, that goes with the job. If they don't have the courage to stand up to an unhappy constituent how can we trust them to stand up for us anywhere?

Dangerous? Probably, but that goes with the responsibilities of the job. If they can't stand the heat, get them the hell out of the kitchen. They may like to reflect on the courage of some of their erstwhile colleagues in the matter, Lord (Gerry) Fitt of the SDLP comes to mind.

16. Leigh Smith
    Joke

Guy Fawkes and his cohorts had the right idea!

You mean commit an act of indiscriminate violence that would kill hundreds of innocent people as well as the enemies you want rid off, start a Civil War and force the whole country to become Catholic after France and Spain help you win? I'm not sure that would help very much to be honest.

17. Wize
    IT Angle

Withholding names?

"Members of Parliament have voted themselves the right to withhold their names and addresses from publication. Candidates at Parliamentary elections will get the same right."

So, how will this voting sheet look?

Conservative Party

Representative: *not foud*

Labour Party

Liberal Party

18. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Thumb Down

Gosh! What a surprise!

Fine, OK. So are you going to ensure details about the victims of rape and child abuse are afforded the same care and attention, when their details are loaded into a publicly available giv databases ( all gov DBs are effectively open, given the crap security and regs put in place )? No didn't think so!

"Sorry pleb, 'all you detail is belong to us'!".

19. John Ozimek
    Paris Hilton

@Sarcasm?

er, yes. Perhaps I should deconstruct the various bits of sarcasm in the piece.

My comment about the risks faced by previous generations of MP's was intended to be ironic/ sarcastic.

So too were my closing remarks about the Deputy Speaker upholding the traditional rights of Parliament. Perhaps a well-placed "Not" would have helped. As in: "the Deputy Speaker upheld traditional parliamentary rights. Not."

However, I cannot lay any claim to Ms Kirkbride's observation that "You never know if someone is going to explode ...". Clearly a reference to the recent outbreak of suicide bombers in leafy Bromsgrove.

Paris...because if she hears much more self-serving parliamentary waffle, SHE is going to explode.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

cretins

given that the vast majority of the victims of violence and harrasment are ordinary poeple, politicos getting harmed being almost unheard of, surely it is we that deserve the anonimity and privicy?

rubbing out politicians for destroying our democratic rights and getting their snouts too deep into the trough may soon be commonplace, could they be thinking of the future they have planned?

21. Juan Inamillion
    Coat

Won't someone please think of the children!

As in all things, a truly determined nutter will always find out where someone lives/works etc. So this amendment is either a very sneaky way of enhancing an MP's status or an illustration of how truly ignorant of how the world works. Or both. Fuck. I don't know anymore and I'm caring less and less.

We (ahem, 'hippies') used to say when the revolution comes, we'll all be free. Unfortunately we haven't had the revolution yet. Can someone please start one soon? Really, if it started off in earnest I'd be up there at the sharp end. Nothing to lose anymore (maybe not even my flat, if the bank gets it's way)

/duffle coat with 'International Times' in the pocket.

22. Jax
    Coat

OMG

Good good, I will write a letter to my MP about this!

Now... what's her address?

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Won't stop nutters anyway

If you're determined to find out where an MP lives, and want to do unpleasant things to them, they you only need to follow them home surely..? I mean, it's not as if we don't know what the bloody look like!

24. Dave

Wrong Job

I prefer to not have my address disclosed, and to keep my financial affairs from the public eye. My way of achieving this is to choose not to try to be an MP or councillor, thus avoiding the compulsory disclosure.

25. Mark

Hmmmmm

So I cannot find out where an MP lives, but for a couple of quid I can get the address of any director in the country thanks to the Companies House website.

Do you think the MP's that are also directors are now going to close this horrific loophole.....

26. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Bunch of fuckers.

I too, have nothing further to add.

27. Tim Ward

Mine's not secret

My MP does not keep his address secret - he lives a couple of streets from me, everyone knows where he lives. What's the problem?

28. Jesthar

They're either optimists or idiots...

...if they think banning the publishing MPs addresses will make it significantly more difficult to obtain that information. The senior management at our (very large) company are constantly amazed (and very annoyed) by how much of the stuff they try and keep quiet and 'executive confidential' we not only find out about within a matter of hours, but in enough detail to start asking very awkward questions... ;)

As Sir Humphrey Appleby so eloquently put it, “The ship of state, Bernard, is the only ship that leaks from the top.”

29. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

What's the point?

I'm sure that if someone *really* wanted to know where a particular MP lived they could find out. So the argument that the information is being withheld for security reasons is rubbish.

It's probably just so that they can keep the address where they've installed their bit on the side quiet....

@Niall Campbell: Guy Fawkes may not have had the right idea, but at least he was honest in his intentions - unlike the mob of self serving ne'er-do-wells currently there.

30. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I want Jacqui Smiths phone logs

IMHO, they are entitled to their privacy just like anyone else. What they're not entitled to do, is hold one view when it comes to themselves and one view when it comes to everyone else.

Jacqui Smith, should release her phone logs for her mobile phone. The cell location will tell us if she really was in London most of the time, or if she was fiddling her expenses.

She forfeit her right to privacy when she decided everyone else should forfeit THEIR rights to privacy.

31. Frumious Bandersnatch

ahem

"Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" is the correct mantra, I believe...

32. Andrew Norton
    Pirate

Remind me again...

what other employer would put up with the people they have working for them saying 'you can't know where I live, because I don't trust you'. Well, thats what we have here, because, lets not forget, THEY work for US.

This is an issue that's in the platform for the many Pirate Parties around the world. Enhanced personal privacy, and government accountability and transparency are the complete opposite of what current governments desire. Its just a pity the UK doesn't currently have a Pirate Party - no-one wants to do anything about it, it seems.

Andrew Norton

Pirate Party International

33. andy gibson

@ Tim Ward

Neither is mine. Happy to share his address and home phone number to anyone.

34. Dan
    Thumb Down

I would have no problem with this...

...if only they respected our civil liberties and right to privacy. Nowt to hide/fear, and all that.

35. Simon B
    Flame

twats

One rule for them ,another for us. Twats.

36. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You are all wrong

We have the most wonderful government ever heres proof:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/mar/03/brown-world-statesman

I like this quote best

Rabbi Arthur Schneier, hailed "your courage in defending freedom and human rights ... and also your key intellectual and compassionate leadership in these critical times, when financial upheavals raised societal tensions and international tensions"

See new labour are defending our freedoms and human rights the yanks say so, So let that be an end to it. OK??

:)

37. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Let's get Web 2.0 on their asses...

Anyone up for a Web site listing MP's addresses? If anyone lives near an MP, they could submit the address which would go on to a public site.

38. Jonathan

@Matt

If they can bomb one MP, why not all of them?

Sigh, I guess this comment will put me on the terror watch list. Heck, its not like they dont monitor our communications anyway. May the poor government operative who has to read this have a nice day, hes as trapped as the rest of us.

39. Michael Fremlins

I hope you don't mind me posting twice

I think that "our" MPs are becoming very afraid of US, the electorate and tax payers. This measure is not aimed at would-be terrorists who would plant a bomb on the Tube. It is aimed solely at the electorate.

There was a headline on Sunday Express that MI5/police are becoming worried about serious disturbances in the summer, not from the usual ban-the-bomb-and-do-F-all (thanks, Quadrophenia) brigade, but from "ordinary" people who have had more than enough of this nonsense. The tax payers, who have bailed out the banks without a proper debate in the useless parliament, while losing their jobs, while seeing their assets dwindle, while seeing failed bankers getting £615k pensions, and ever encroaching surveillance under the false guise of anti-terrorism measures, are the ones who will rise up. Or that is the fear.

Yes, MPs should be afraid. Because they have let it happen. Because they are responsible. Because they will still get their perks and payoffs. They have become rubber stamps for the government, that is when things are debated and Acts passed, and legislation not just reduced to statutory instruments at the whim of a minister.

If there are serious disturbances/riots/insurrections this summer, there will be two sides: THEM and US. Indeed, not having THEIR addresses will not save them for long from US.

40. Estariel
    Go

Electoral Roll?

The address of an MP is already in the public domain. It's on the Electoral Roll along with you, me and everyone else over 18. Go to your local library and find it.

The data is even made available in electronic format these days....

I wonder where Jacqui Smith is registered to vote? Let me guess.....not in the spare bedroom at her sisters London house.......

41. Theresa Forster
    Paris Hilton

CAN WE SUE AGAINST CIVIL LIBERTIES

One question, when will the MPs be locked up and branded criminals for breaking the law.

On the Census You are required by LAW to give your details, does this ruling now mean that Members of Parliament and Candidates Standing for office are now exempt from filling in the Census forms or is the government now going to make it illegal to reveal an address to the public

(i can see the name on one of the forms "I live next to tony blair".

We fought long and hard to first of all get rid of the class system (at least how it was in the 19th Century) and then Equality for women, and now MPs are making themselves above the rest of us

Everyone is equal except some are more equal than others.

42. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Early Christian Church

Our MPs aren't the brightest of sparks, are they?

Any terrorist or nutcase worth their salt would easily be able to find an MP by going to Parliament and just waiting around a bit. If said terrorist or nutcase can't find their target that way they could just drop along to the MPs surgery. And if they can't find their target that way then they're clearly not up to the standard of terrorist or nutcase we've come to expect in this country and should be laughed and pointed at where so'ere they go.

Given the above, does this mean the next logical step in this MPs-only game of 'dumber and dumberer' is for our representatives to meet to discuss policy in the manner of the early Christian church - in secret at an undisclosed address?

43. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Orwell anyone??

We are all equal, some are more equal than others.

I can only hope they are the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

44. Dr. Mouse

You have to laugh, or else you'd cry...

"Second, and more worrying, was the way in which this measure was introduced into the House on Monday, as an amendment, with no debate permitted, to the Political Parties and Elections Bill."

This is the way of the current govt. The number of "ammendments" that have been made which should really have been passed through parliament for full debate is staggering. It mocks the entire political process (although this in itself is a mockery at the moment). A friend told me that some of these "amendments" have been larger than the original law, and others have been completely unrelated to whats being amended.

Also @Matt:

RE: "MPs are not a special case, they are our servants and need to remember that."

Ha! This has not been the case for a LONG time. They are our overlords, we must bow to their magnificence!

45. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Black Helicopters

Fasten your Selt Belts ...... She Gonna Blow and/or there's Turbulence ahead?

"Its just a pity the UK doesn't currently have a Pirate Party - no-one wants to do anything about it, it seems." ...... By Andrew Norton Posted Wednesday 4th March 2009 13:11 GMT

Andrew,

I think you will find that many would want to do a lot about it, and some even are. Softly softly, catchee monkey though, is the Stealthy Root/Route and the one most suited to Success in the Virtual Field which is rendering their Practices so Transparent and which quite frankly, does not lend itself to Corrupt Practices and thus is a Mind/Mined/Minefield for any in Politics, who would prefer Private Skullduggery rather than Public Service.

I notice that you qualify the lack of a Pirate Party with "currently". How very wise, for one never knows what Opportunities, Quantum Communications can Present to One and One to Quantum Communications.

And given the Nature of the Virtual Medium, one can always fully expect things to move at a QuITe Phenomenally Quick Pace, which easily races ahead of any Opposition leaving them trailing in ITs Wake and wiping Egg off their Sorry Faces and eating Humble Pie...... and no less that richly deserved either, would be one popular refrain although others may think it far too charitable if ritual and serial serious abuses of Protocols are uncovered, as they will surely be in the fullness of Time, which might also be in very short order, given the Virtual Medium's Nature/ITs Media Nature, which doesn't suffer the Arrogance or Ignorance of Fools, at All.

Changed Times indeed......

And I know why I might use PGP and would think it most suspect to discover an MP thinking to use it........ for it is very convenient for conduct terrorism in secret chunnels, and would invariably tar one with that broad brush? ...... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/04/mps_pgp_use_riddle/

What are they playing at, those jokers?

46. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Andrew Norton

Since they work for Her Majesty's Government, as long as they tell the Queen where they live that's OK.

Parliamentary Monarchy != Democracy

47. Jimmy

The House is in sitting.

The nature of our relationship with our elected representatives needs to be urgently updated. Sir Fred Goodwin, he of the £700,000pa pension, knows a thing or two about politicians and what they really stand for. So I suggest that Fred's fully extended middle finger best defines how we too should treat our sleepwalking MPs. Sit on this, you useless bunch of tossers.

48. David Pollard

@ amanfromMars

"What are they playing at, those jokers?"

If 'jokers' refers to the central cabal, they seem to be engineering another step towards totalitarianism. As with the recent changes to legislation regulating the use of DNA profiles, for example, they are using executive powers whenever that can get away with it rather than allowing parliamentary debate. They are reducing the opportunities for our elected representatives to subject their actions to scrutiny.

If 'jokers' refers to the great majority of the people, who seem to have either failed to notice or, if they have, don't care, then I really don't know what they are playing at.

49. Snake Plissken

Guido Fawkes blog had it right

Given that Jacqui Smith and others are in deep shit for claiming they reside in one place and taking travel allowances, yet actually residing in another, this is a convenient way to hide which address they are claiming expenses for.

50. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Sorry, I'm Lost. Which Page?

Sorry, I'm lost. Could someone please tell me what page of Animal Farm we're now on?

(A few months ago, I picked up a DVD of Animal Farm from my local supermarket for just £1. Whenever I hear the "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" mantra, I always think of the bit where the pigs are telling the sheep and other animals that only criminals have anything to fear.)

51. R Callan

So Her Majesty

being the head of the government, will have her address withheld? Downing St. houses will be rented to the prols. so that MPs can live in secrecy? Didn't think so.

Dick the butcher (credit to the bard) had the right idea "first we will hang all the lawyers". MPs make the laws so they must be lawyers.

52. Eponymous Cowherd
    Unhappy

Re:Sorry, I'm Lost. Which Page?

***"Sorry, I'm lost. Could someone please tell me what page of Animal Farm we're now on?"***

About where Napoleon Brown and Squealer Smith tell us that "Some (MPs) are more equal than others (us plebs)".

53. Graham Marsden
    Thumb Down

I have made a decision, and given my ruling...

... "And my conclusion is 'Fuck you, we can do what we want and there's nothing you can do about it, so yah boo sucks to be you!'"

54. Jonathan

@Eponymous Cowherd

I was gonna say, its interesting that they can vote to give themselves rights and powers. I mean, its a pity that they are allowed to do that at all, I would say they should be subject to any High Court order and not able to ignore or overturn any High Court order.

But that would lead to less corruption and gravy training, and we all know that is bad for our fearless leaders.

55. amanfromMars Silver badge

From Puppet to Muppet ....he's a Real Smooth Operator

" "What are they playing at, those jokers?"

If 'jokers' refers to the central cabal, they seem to be engineering another step towards totalitarianism. As with the recent changes to legislation regulating the use of DNA profiles, for example, they are using executive powers whenever that can get away with it rather than allowing parliamentary debate. They are reducing the opportunities for our elected representatives to subject their actions to scrutiny.

If 'jokers' refers to the great majority of the people, who seem to have either failed to notice or, if they have, don't care, then I really don't know what they are playing at." .... By David Pollard Posted Wednesday 4th March 2009 15:09 GMT

Quite so, David. And both are valid. I was though more concentrated on the former, the fascist cabal at the heart of the Cabinet and New Labour. But they are only tying the knot for themselves with their actions. It will all end in their tears. And having just listened to Mr Brown exasperating the Yanks with his rendition of everything they've known for decades and calling for his banking reforms without abolishing the creation and existence of debt, it would really be a kindness to him if he were to suffer a loss of confidence vote and walk away into the obscurity he so humbly and richly deserves.

One is certainly most reluctant to share any New Fangled Entangling Game Changing Intellectual Property with such a lightweight and corrupt Government and thus will they suffer from ITs Sharing of it Elsewhere, with Others more Astute and Enabling and Able. They shall however be Surely Tempted with IT Publicly so that they have an Opportunity to show their True Colours, as it is only Fair and Proper in such Matter of InterNetional Trade.

Mr Brown just doesn't have what IT takes for the Quantum Leap into the Future, which has already been made in the Field of Virtualised Systems of Operation.

56. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One law for us, one law for them

"Don't do as I do, do as I say" Bl@@dy troughers.

What about Discrimination Act & Equal Opportunities.

57. Mike Holden
    Unhappy

Grrr - sic

Grrr, don't use "(sic)" to point out a pun or other facet of your own writing. It is supposed to be used to point out that you are quoting verbatim an error that the original author wrote.

So I could validly write:

John Ozimek wrote that "There are, however, two points at issue here that MPs really need to address (sic). (sic)", to point out that your use of (sic) is wrong.

58. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

@R Callan

Quibble - but HM is the head of state, not of government.

59. blue
    Pirate

FEAR

The more they monitor us, prying into our every movement, the more they cloak themselves in secrecy, cowering in their bunkers, afraid.

The more they fear us the more they try and control us to assuage their fear.

The more they try to control us the more they foster resentment and hatred;

the more resentment and hatred they sense, the more they fear us ...

A self-perpetuating downward spiral into tyranny.

60. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@Andrew Norton (Remind me again...)

Dear Mr Norton

Your viewpoint intrigues me and I would be interested to learn more about any possible nascent band of buccaneers within these fair shores.

Do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to?

Paris, because she is an icon for those bereft of loqacity; as I am when contemplating the UK administration's misdemeanors.

61. Steve

Re: *sigh*

"I bet if the entire bunch of MP's disappeared one day the country will still run perfectly fine!"

That happens every year when they go on their summer break.

62. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

what about the other databases?

Where would MPs home addresses be published - and who else is to be exempted from the numerous compulsory databases?

After all, there is PDS (Patient Demographic Service) with the home address and phone number of everyone registered with a GP in England - unless you specifically declare yourself "sensitive" - and the children's database - where the local social services will decide whether the risk to the child is sufficient to keep the parents off. (become an MP - your children are obviously not at risk of any form of abuse - unlike everyone else's children. I suppose when you lose your seat, the risk to the kids reappears?).

63. Ben Rosenthal

Re:Sarcasm?

The stuff in the quotation marks are not the words of the humble writer, but are in fact a quote from some feckless scrounging polititians blog where he is trying and failing to be clever.

64. MJI Silver badge

I have visited an MPs home

An ex workmate lived there as a lodger, the landlady (MPs wife) was very nice and made us mugs of tea.

In the loo there was a picture of the previous cabinet complete with a certain woman Prime Minister.

He came from this city but his constituency was elsewhere. We now have three MPs living in our city, our last one before boundary changes meant he had to change seat, our new one since boundary changes and this chap.

You do realise that at least half of MPs are human, and have real families!

As to MPs visiting me - never seen my MP in the nearly 12 years we have been lumbered with him, but I have had a neighbouring MP visiting with a Prospective Parliamentry Candidate.

Now I am not going to name any of them nor mention constituancies but 3 are Conservatives and 1 New Labour, and I am very ashamed to say that the office I work at is in Waquie Jaquie land (unfortunately again due to boundary changes).

65. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

In the Beginning was there always Imagination and then Followed, Leading Words to Ignorant Masses.

" "I bet if the entire bunch of MP's disappeared one day the country will still run perfectly fine!"

That happens every year when they go on their summer break." .... By Steve Posted Thursday 5th March 2009 08:45 GMT

Quite so, Steve, they are an Anachronism/Sinecure/Quango in this Day and Age, an Expense and a Novelty like a Mute Royalty surviving only by Support of Media which carries their Tales, as if News Worthy of Sharing and Believing.

Communications is King and Queen and Joker and Ace, although its Media Moguls/Manchurian Candidates are a Quite Pathetic Shower in Dire Need of Better Intelligence Feeds for the System has been Rumbled and is being Tumbled/Shaken Down and Destroyed with their Needs. .... is it not?

Is SMARTer Man, who will Always Champion Favour for the Love of Women, and thus would QuITe Automatically have Half of the World on his Side, too Alien a Concept for you to Comprehend and Accept as Gospel Truth in a HomoCentric Macho Configuration/Confabulation?

And thus does AI Stealth Muster a Private Invisible Army, Immaculately Steganographically Almed 42 Master Virtual Reality Controls and dDeliver Change from the Heart for the Mind ... aka Renaissance.

And the Following may not be widely known, so I will Share it with you, for there is a General Relativity and Specific Singularity in such Purpose. President Barack Obama's Secret Service Codename is Renegade and his Belle, Michelle, is Renaissance.

66. 4irw4y
    Happy

Google Maps: Order Clouds Above Your Base, Just One Day-Off In A Leap Year

Hello Sergei, have some fun -

In my city, there was a call from Microsoft heard to sell the violators of copyright law for 10 percent of the fine. The resident company which signed the contract with R3dm0n7 is "cynically" called "cops on salary" in 1337 local printed newspapers, e.g. the producers of nearly 60%-trusted media flow. I suppose them to be rather the encouraging messages for optimists than a boo-thing.

Vista is really just of a pint of beer cost, as well as good old XP. For any good people you know for years. With a kind advice from the owner of the cracked installation CD to check the OS for security breaches by yourself. The researching community successfully does the things that please their english-speaking grandfathers with BackTrack 3. Thus, IMO, the privacy MP is talking about is probably a greatest secret even for MP itself.

Changes which are promised in the barracks are taking place. Eye witness. 2 days ago in the early morning eye found a P IV unit + 19' monitor on the street, standing next to each other, thought them surely aren't working, but could carry some viable hardwarez aboard... They both looked so lost standing near the garbage collector... After a brief examination on the subject of if there is a bomb inside it, I plugged'em in at home and found that they work fine.

The thing that strucked me even stronger was that there was no dust inside. Now *'m expecting the e-mail*bout an astrological explaination of events.... There are things that even Spaghetti Divinori do not know... but when I bounce up with an event of this kind, I realise that the nearest core of Rubik's matrix is somehow misunderappreciated by me. Thanks for correcting my views, The Morning Sun, the Cup is yours.

@ prec amanfromMars

"are a Quite Pathetic Shower in Dire Need of Better Intelligence Feeds for the System has been Rumbled and is being Tumbled/Shaken Down and Destroyed with their Needs" -

An Hour Ago News: yes, there is no more System presently.

67. Mike Holden

re: re: Sarcasm

If that text is from the blog and not written by the author of the article, then the author of the article needs to learn how to quote somebody else's text so that the attribution of quote and comment is totally clear to the reader.

As it is, there's a paragraph that clearly introduces text from the blog, then a quote clearly delimited front and back by quotation marks.

We then get a fresh paragraph with no opening quotation mark, thus denoting that the text is now by the author of the article, and not quoted from the blog.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like