back to article Protostar steers out Lampo 'leccy sportster

Swiss design company Protoscar has announced that it will unveil a new two-door electric sports cabriolet at the Geneva Motor Show on 2 March. This in itself should be quite some trick as the show doesn't actually open until the fifth... Protoscar Lampo Protoscar's Lampo: Italian for 'lightning', don't you know Its Tardis- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Charles Manning

Are you sure you got the scale right?

Looks like something you can charge from a USB port.

2. Bigus

Branding

I wonder what the Lightning Car Company think of that:

http://www.lightningcarcompany.co.uk/

The UK one looks alot better anyway.

3. DJ
    Joke

Fourth letter is incorrect

No matter how many times I read that it still comes out an "n"

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Convertible Insight?

Oof! A convertible first generation Insight done right!

5. Tim Greenwood

Are you it's mother?

Because to me that looks like one of those things that only a mother could love. I know these things are subjective but it looks like it took one too many hits from the ugly stick when that was put together.

Apart from style I still have a real problem with these electric sports cars that have a range of 100 to 200 miles. For a city car where there is a distinct possibility of short runs followed by charging time this seems acceptable. For a good day out driving somewhere then the range between charges has either got to be 300-400 minimum or the recharge time has to be got down to 15-20 minutes so you can pull in for a coffee and charge up whilst doing so. Of course exactly where you would plug in whilst in Starbucks/MaccyD's/cafeNero or wherever is a different question.

6. Shingo Tamai
    Stop

Lampo means

Actually it is the italian for "Flash".

It is a "deprecated term", but in the fifties you would say something like:

"Arrivo in un LAMPO" > "I'll be there in a Flash"

Lightning would be "Fulmine" and it would remember probably the name used for Lone Ranger's horse. :)

7. Jon Axtell
    Happy

Face

If you squint a bit, the front looks like a big happy grinning face, and the rear a scowling face with down turned lips.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well, at least...

...this is proof that you don't just have to put a sexy body on an unproducible, impractical electric chassis to gain publicity from fawning, credulous journos. A horribly ugly one will do just fine.

9. E
    Thumb Down

Question

If it is up front a fashion plate never to make production then why do you bother reporting it? People want cars they can actually *buy*!

10. raving angry loony

@Bigus

I can't imagine anything worse than a British electric car. The Brits were never really known for the quality of their electrical systems in a car, to have the whole care basically BE an electric system makes me shudder.

Nice design though, again like many British cars.

11. Rhyd

@Fourth letter is incorrect

7th letter of the headline really is incorrect.

This topic is closed for new posts.