back to article UK's best IT volunteers named, not shamed

The United Kingdom's best IT volunteers of 2009 have been chosen by the Information Technologists' Company. IT4Communities, supported by the ITC, helps put volunteers with technical skills in contact with charities which need help - either for specific projects or for more general support. Best IT volunteer was judged to be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ash
    Joke

Sometimes it's just too easy...

"Hi, I'm Clive McClure! You may know me from the Information Technologists' Company best IT volunteers of 2009, having created two databases for Westminster Advocacy Service for Senior Residents, which dramatically improved management of client casework..."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Murky waters

Shame that iT4C has now decided to start charging charities £85 a year to register. I gave a lot of my time for free in the spirit of charitable giving, now they're putting a pound sign on it all. I am sure that the web site and administration of the operation ain't free, but it feels like a kick in the teeth for those of us giving many hours, days and nights disinfecting machines, cleaning up operating systems, fixing domains, web sites and email, properly protecting the computers and generally giving a damn about volunteering - to see this hefty fee get introduced. I don't want to be paid, I don't want to be given recognition or praise, I just feel £85/year is against the spirit of it all.

3. Scott Broukell

Result

maybe the guvurmunt should seek out some worthy IT volunteers to sort out the HNS patients record system and one or two other screwed-up, bloated, $$$$-making guvurmunt IT contracts, especially in these times of, "it isn't our fault, it's a global thing", belt-tightening. I bet the job would be a darn sight better.

4. Steve Kay
    Thumb Up

Bucket of win

If you're involved in any of this, EPIC WINNAGE TO YOU.

May your other half be multi-orgasmic at your every touch and your wallet a large wheelbarrow of £20s and £50s. Old English blessing, that is.

5. jon
    Paris Hilton

Where are the Mods?

Hour after hour of ceaseless toil moderating chat rooms and forums across the globe, the stress, the abuse, the drama queens and senseless posts of the drunk and deranged in the wee small hours. That's just the staff of course, the members are far more trouble LOL

So lets hear it for the those countless mods who give their time free of charge to keep the rabble under control.

Paris.... because she could make any topic sticky

This topic is closed for new posts.