back to article PC firm offers Ultra-Quiet Xbox 360

If you’re sick of reaching for the earplugs each time you turn on your Xbox 360, a solution's now available: the Ultra-Quiet Xbox 360. quietpc_xbox360_01 The Ultra-Quiet Xbox 360 PC customisation firm Quiet PC has begun selling a redesigned Xbox 360, which essentially sees an off-the-shelf model taken apart and put into a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

it works... kinda...

This case does eliminate a lot of the noise indeed, but the biggest offender is still the DVD drive: as soon as you pop a DVD, it still sounds like an airplane is taking off... The case is large too, easily twice the size of a 360... And you lose the clips for the wireless adapter, so the thing dangles on the back...

Compared to the PS3, the 360 really feels cheap, poorly built, noisy, and with an expensive list of options. PSN is free and has more content than XBox live. And the PS3 has a Blu-ray player...

2. glenn

what's the point.....

when you can just copy game disks to the hard drive and stop ALL optical drive noise for free?

Any remaining noise is not intrusive - unless you game with no sound on the telly, and certainly not worth shelling out 200 notes extra to eliminate.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Good idea

Even with a game copied to my hard drive I personally think the Xbox is too noisy, so I think this is a good idea! I even use my Xbox as a media extender and if this solution will make it virtually silent then it is worth a closer look.

4. Anonymous Hero
    Coat

meh...

I'll get me coat.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

confused.

If you cared about noise, reliability or performance, wouldn't you just buy a PS3? I mean it's got all the notable exclusives this year.

6. William Andrews
    Gates Horns

Why?

Why waste your time on a piece of trash? Get a PS3!

7. Mark
    Gates Horns

@glenn

So tell me, how many games can I install on my XBox360 Premium? I heard only one game. Is that true?

But I'm sure I can pop down the PC shop and buy a cheap harddrive to pop in there right? What you mean no, I have to pay over the odds for the Microsoft HDD........

8. Andrew Luton

360 vs ps3

All 360 games can be installed to hard drive so long as you have the latest firmware- going right the way back to Perfect Dark Zero, to current games that have only just been released.. FEAR 2.

I've got a 120gb HDD in mine, is fantastic..

I own both but i've bought nearly all the dual format titles on the 360, the PS3 doesn't seem to quite be upto it.

I'm sure in the end once someone figures out how to get the most from the PS3 it'll be an awesome machine, but right now it just can't compete with the 360 for gaming - though it has to be said my PS3 with Bluray remote and PlayTV (+500gb HDD) is a fantastic media centre.

9. Andrew Luton

contd..

Oh and to be fair i found an old xbox 360 harddrive on ebay and bought a 120gb HDD from ebuyer and swapped the put the 120 drive in the 360's drive case. You can have as many games installed at a time as your hard drive will hold - i think the average 360 game uses about 6gigs of space.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like