back to article Man U fan pwned in Facebook honeypot

A Manchester United fan who drove 400 miles for an amorous rendevous with a woman he wooed on Facebook discovered he'd been well and truly stitched up by a couple of Liverpudlian pranksters. Stuart Slann, 39, met the pair on a holiday in Cancun, Mexico, last November. According to the Telegraph, the three soon started giving …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Benny
    Thumb Down

Ummm

Facebook and a man u fan .....this is news how?

2. Tim Spence

Shame

After reading the start of the story, it sounded like a good old jape. But on listening to the guy's reaction, and reading that he was married (and it's now over), it's just quite depressing.

3. Chris Wright
    Thumb Down

Deserved

Some people deserve to be humiliated!!

What a DOYLE !

4. mike
    Thumb Up

still laughing...

lol, pwnage

5. Ken Hagan Gold badge
    Unhappy

Poor Louise...

"Slann's wife Louise, 32, discovered the "affair" last week when the whole sorry tale went public. The Slann's marriage "is now over", the Telegraph notes."

Sounds like she was the last person in her social circle to find out.

6. Bo Pedersen
    Thumb Down

if he is that easily Lured away

what chance did the Marriage have anyway?

he is obviously pretty thick to risk everything for a web meetup!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And then...

Cue fisticuffs, "calm down, calm down", etc.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Yep

I have to agree it sounded quite funny to start off with but then you hear those scousers and you just can't help feeling sorry for him. They sound like your typical brain dead bullies, the sort that most people would ask to moved to a seperate resort to get away from (I don't do the resort thing precisely because of morons like this). It's actually quite depressing to have to listen to it, you'd have to assume that he was a very lonely guy to have befriended them.

9. Michael Chester
    Thumb Down

well deserved

Married man, meets "woman" on internet (over facebook? so got added by someone random and decided to chat?), decides to meet up on a remote farm, deserves whatever he gets to be honest, lucky it was a bunch of pranksters.

10. Kit Barker
    Unhappy

Not funny when you think about it, is it?

Let's just take a second to step back and think about this...

Okay, so I accept the guy has been a total idiot for having an affair online and arranging to see this "woman".

But this has ruined his life. No one deserves that. And the pranksters did it all because he supported a different football team to them?!

A ruined marriage and unimaginable stress for multiple people. Is that really funny?

Do people actually think that anyone deserves to be humiliated like this?

11. Tawakalna
    Go

cruel?

"But to drag me all the way to Aberdeen was just cruel."

not as cruel as cheating (or trying to cheat) on his Mrs, I dare say. They didn't make him go after all, he *chose* to go. He got his just desserts, and can't really blame anyone other than himself.

It also once again goes to show that you can't trust anyone or anything on the interwebs.

12. Paul A. Walker

lucky for them..

He wasn't one of Van Vogt's Slans

13. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Football

The sport of idiots.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So, to recap

They apparently accounts accost the guy when he's on holiday and 2-on-1 throw him in the pool. Then, when he gets home they then spend a MONTH chatting him up to force him to drive to Aberdeen. Then, they record it, release it and cause the break up of his marriage.

Cue el reg hilarity.

Oo I know, if we can find out his address we can have a big reg meetup and smash his windows and burn out his car. omg. lol. etc.

What witty chaps we are.

15. P. Lee
    Unhappy

@kit barker

The pranksters didn't ruin his life, he did.

Do not cheat, using facebook or post-it notes.

Being able to get away with it is not a justification for cheating.

Choices, consequences and all that.

Commiserations to his (ex)wife.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Kit Barker

Welcome to life in western Europe in the 21st century. Sad, innit?

17. Cameron Colley

He should have asked her for Custard Proof before meeting her.

@Kit Barker: His wife is the only person in this who deserves any sympathy -- and she owes the scousers some thanks for getting her away from a lying, cheating moron. Just because someone comes on to you on facebook that dopes not mean you have to cheat on your wife. It's a shame that it was only some scouse muppets and not some kidnappers...

18. Yorkshirepudding
    Go

haha

owned!

forgot the first rule of teh interwebs trust no one!

19. Joe

This has been doing the rounds on football forums for a while....

And still never fails to amuse! What an utter retard!

20. Alex
    Coat

"Won't someone please think about Louise?!"

Feel sorry for the poor girl - probably didn't even realise..

I see three knobheads in this dreadful saga. Pricks the lot of them.

Mine's the one with "A Shining White Knight Rides Forth.." in the pocket...

21. steward
    Pirate

Facebook's servers are still in California, so...

I guess if he wants he can file charges in California under long-arm jurisdiction; after all, it -is- now illegal to violate TOS and make phony profiles. And lets face it, the Brit Gov is too scared of the US not to extradite if requested.

22. Joe K
    IT Angle

Morons

What really creeps me out is the thought of a bloke pretending to be a hot-for-it bird for at least a month.

Someone really needs therapy methinks.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@ Kit

Yes he did. He "cheated" on his wife. he got found out.

If it had been genuine and was a real woman and he got his leg over, would you of defended him?

Did he not think of using that Web 3.0 device called the telephone?

24. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

At last, some real news!

Wow! There are *two* scousers with the sense of humour, patience, planning abilities and smarts to pull this off?

I am truly astonished.

25. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Happy

RE: "Won't someone please think about Louise?!"

Let's see - one unfaithful Mancunian mammary gland, two Scouse bullies. Not a good advertisement for Noethern blokes, sounds like the poor girl needs to move down South to find a better man.

26. /etc
    Thumb Down

No advert for the city

Maybe Boris had a point after all when he wrote of the " deeply unattractive psyche" of many Liverpudlians.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3749548.stm

Actually, I don't think he did write that. IIRC, as the editor, he just took the rap for the leader writer.

But, Crikey! as Boris might say, these two Liverpudlians are no advert for the city.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

all I can say is...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That'll learn ya for tryin t' cheat on your wife, fool!

28. This post has been deleted by its author

29. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Video deleted

bloody youtube... what happened to don't be evil?

30. Dale Morgan

hilarious

Just heared the clip and theres a photo of the guy with a dildo in his mouth, its great that the scouser set him up, his wife is now alot wiser.

31. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Have to admit...

it was bloody funny. Ok, incredibly unfortunate for the poor sod, but still bloody funny. I just can't stop picturing it as the two scousers from the old Harry Enfield show. But yes, the cheating git got what he disearved in the end.

32. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Done in by the three "F"s

Football

Facebook and

F$%king

What an eejit that fellow is!

33. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

He deserved it...

Cheating on his wife like that.

I'm glad he was found out before he cheated with an actual woman. He probably would have lied and told he wasn't married or seperated etc...

34. Chris
    Thumb Down

Whatever you might think...

The sound of those twats laughing about breaking the guy's ankle is enough reason to hate them, this isn't funny, they're just a pair of bullying tards. I hope they choke on their own dildos.

35. Will

Against their will?

A few points that nobody has mentioned.

He was on holiday alone, that indicates in itself that there were problems in the marriage. He was also travelling to Aberdeen for the weekend, was his wife not suspicious.

Why did he have a vibrator with him on holiday?

How did the scousers know he had the said vibrator.

He broke his ankle and a rib when he was chucked in the pool.

They have a kid, imagine the impact this is going to have on it.

"Cage fighters" says it all really, they were probably bullies at school and they are still bullies now.

Football is for morons, it should be banned.

Its all very well self righteously passing judgement, but I wonder given the right circumstances, how many of us men would avoid a honey trap?

36. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Err.

.. all the people saying this is funny, this is WAY OTT. Yes the guys a idiot for going to met up with the "girl" but what the hell are those two people doing AFTER physcially assulting him (hoep they get arrested for that) then basically using entrapment to ruin his marriage, and you lot think thats OK?

human kind , is to puit it likely, screwed if thats how people think now.

P.S. those two scousers need a taste of there own medician, not often i hope this but i hope they get the s**t beaten out of them soon.

37. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Rather sad...

It's not even funny.

Still, I guess when you put a six year old in a grown up mans body then what happens is inevitible.

The headline calls the perpetrators 'Pranksters'. Perhaps 'shallow bullying lowlifes' would be more fitting.

Doesn't show scousers in a very good light does it? The reputation that scousers have are backed up by these morons. Shame the decent scousers are tarred with the same brush.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like