back to article Tesla names Model S rollout date

Tesla has finally set a date for the unveiling of a road-usable prototype of its four-door Model S electric car. The date? 26 March. The place? The Tesla Design Studio inside the SpaceX factory in Hawthorn, California. Though keeping the look of the S a closely guarded secret, Tesla has said its objective with the Model S was …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Gerabox

Have they fixed the gearbox yet ?

2. ian
    Coat

Disperse?

"Tesla also announced that the US Department of Energy has told it that it expects to begin dispersing in “four to five months” the funds.."

If they used the word "dispersing", then I'll dismiss it as they are no better than they should be. However, if El Reg used "dispersing" instead of "disbursing", consider yourselves roundly censured.

Mine's the one with the dictionary in the pocket.

3. Terry
    Joke

Disperse the money

Isn't that what governments do?

4. David
    Boffin

Dates

Yeah the gearbox got fixed...

The date it will be unveiled is actually the *26th* of March.

You will be able to sign up and put a deposit down straight away, but the cars won't be in production for a couple of years.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@David

"You will be able to sign up and put a deposit down straight away"

I hope it's held in escrow and in some reliable security (e.g. government bond of Norway) as Tesla may not be around in 2 years time.

Why Lotus can't produce their own electric car I don't know.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Well sign me up

It'll be below 50K. Well damn I think I'll take two of them then. You know what since they are so darn cheap I think I'll take three and just give away the third to the first lesser mortal I see driving a lesser vehicle. What can I say I'm generous that way.

7. TeeCee Gold badge
    Alert

Oh dear.

They used the word "intuitive". Last time I saw that used in automotive product puff was for the BMW i-Drive system..........

I believe that in the automotive world "intuitive" means "comes with a very thick book that tells you how to use it".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like