back to article New ISS piss-extractor drinks unit to go up on Discovery

Contrary to earlier reports, it now appears that troublesome equipment recently installed aboard the International Space Station (ISS) to reprocess astronaut urine into drinkable water is still not working. Worried NASA chiefs intend to rush replacement golden-beverage equipment into space on the next shuttle flight. The NASA …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

hmmm...

"this presents something of a watershed in the ISS' history"

i see what you're doing there :)

2. filey
    Thumb Up

really?

Are you taking the piss? or are you just extracting the urine (as a nerd would say)

im sure the end result beats what is in most bottled water these days.

3. Adrian

Obvious solution

Since they seem to be p!$$ing in the wind, drop the ISS down to a level and scope up the urine.

And no, I'm not taking the p!$$

4. James
    Alien

Stick out your thumb

Why not direct the shuttle towards a passing asteroid to extract some water?

5. Edwin
    Dead Vulture

Is it just me

or is the adolescent bodily-function humour in these stories getting a touch old?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Upmass ?

Oh god.

7. Steven Swenson
    Joke

Is it really that expensive?

I seem to remember the Urine Processor Assembly was a much simpler device in Waterworld.

8. Nick Palmer

Just...

...fly up some Budweiser - they'll never know the difference...

9. Hugh
    Stop

Would want to test it...

I wouldn't have wanted to be the first person to realise it wasn't working...

10. Seeker
    Linux

Couldn't they use reverse osmosis instead?

.. to purify the water? Using a semi permeable membrane that only lets through water molecules (already developed) and is Bob your mothers brother? Am I missing a trick here?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like