back to article Two papers about the Hell Desk

Two papers from the Reg Library today about housing Tech Support teams and getting the best out of them. The Virtual Support Centre: delivering support anytime, anywhere So here’s the pitch, from an outfit called SupportIndustry.com (and sponsored by Citrix). Virtual Support Centres (VSC) are tech support centres and IT help …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ash
    Joke

This isn't IT Support!

Where's the documentation on how to make a Tazer from a disposable camera and a couple of long nails?

No kill -9 logon scripts?

You'd think they WANTED users on the network...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@Ash: Wednesday 4th February 2009 13:58 GMT

I think the papers were about HellDesk, not real support.

Real support means a ClueBat, a LART, a Tazer, a set of lockpicks and a nice big roll of disposable carpet. For HellDesk, all you need is a cough and list of Carol Beer quotes.

3. Tim Shears
    Unhappy

neat...

Like the CFO or the CEO is going to listen to this....

4. ed
    Coat

two reports not necessarily contradictory

As long as you have well qualified sysadmins concentrated organizationally, within your agency. Good communications (IM!) and management necessary for the "homesourced".

5. Gilbert Wham

Awesome.

I'm happy to do helldesk, so long as I can do it at home, sans pants.

6. jake Silver badge

Get back to work!

"CIOs, are you listening? More sysadmins with more training equals better performance. Sounds like common sense?"

Common sense is neither ... Especially InTheseTryingTimes[tm]. Anything that is overhead is going to be downsized. To a CIO (most of whom are clueless about real world technology), HellDesks are an obvious place to trim the budget. I mean, everyone knows that computers are SUPPOSED to crash, right? So just reinstall & get back to work!

::sighs::

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like