back to article Gordo's mobe interrupts economic summit

If you want evidence that UK big cheese Gordon Brown is not hip with the kids, try this BBC clip of his mobe interrupting a press conference at the World Economic Forum shindig in Davos... Hey, Gordo, that is like sooo last century - time to download a kick-ass polyphonic. Word has it that Sarko's phone has a thrash-garage …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Davos? No it's CRAP!

Da dll err derr, du dll err derr, da dll err derr d'oh!

Surely somebody should have informed GB of the social unacceptability of that particular tone?

Paris - because she wouldn't do anything socially unacceptable.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Dom Jolly Alert

HELLO...

I'M IN MAKING A SPEECH ABOUT THE ECONOMY...

NO, WE'RE F*CKED!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Its his Zumba malfunctioning...

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/01/30/zumba_phone_unveiled/

4. Ash
    Thumb Up

Why would she be singing Je t'aime?!

The first words of the song are "I come and I go between your kidneys." Not very romantic... Maybe a KGB "interrogation" technique?

Either way, I hope she wears marigolds.

My ring tone: No One Wins by The Bezerker. I can't stand it, but it's loud enough to overcome the fan buzz in the cab above my head.

5. Steve
    Thumb Up

Dom Joly style!

"Hello! No, I'm at the World Economic Forum! No it's shit!!"

6. Luther Blissett

Big cheese Gordo

Now what sort of cheese might that be? Hard cheddar, crumbly carephilly, danish xxx blue, the camembert which has to slither its way across the floor before you can eat it? Or perhaps something a bit lower down... which the perverse Home Secretary possibly favours?

7. William Oakley
    Happy

Smile

The interesting thing is that it shows he can actually smile!

8. Kevin
    Joke

And how old is that phone

Please... as PM, you would had thought he'd have a slightly newer tone.

Singletone phones are soo 1999....

9. Christopher Ahrens

I would've assumed...

that he would either have someone to take phone calls for him, or at least have his phone play something like "God Save the Queen" or some other political drivel like that.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

aa

Someone was probably doing him a favour ringing to get him out of such a piss boring conference with some excuse about parliament being on fire or something but he was too dumb to realise :p

11. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

I want a general election

I'm pleased that our prime minister has got a nokia: kudos to the man('s advisors) for choosing a decent phone.

However, I'm sure it will be a recent nokia, which have a handy one-button-hold shortcut to switch to silent mode... with the first call, he should have pressed the reject button then hold the # to switch it to silent. (although really it should've been on silent to begin with).

As a result of that, I want a general election... now what phone has David Cameron got?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kids these days ...

Nothing better to talk about than ring tones. Sheesh!

13. David Eddleman
    Thumb Up

Glad I have a Palm

Where I can know instantly if it's on bloody 'vibrate only'. :)

14. This post has been deleted by its author

15. Chris
    Unhappy

Shows he's unprepared and doesn't learn...

First of all, at an important event he doesn't bother to turn the bloody thing off.

Secondly, when it does ring, as it was sure to, does he take the right action and turn it OFF. Nope! He declines the call. (What could POSSIBLY go wrong with that?)

So, says it all really, doesn't it? A stupid prat who hasn't a clue and doesn't think 'it' could possibly happen to him.

And people still listen to him? Pray tell me - WHY?

16. J

Heh

Hm, he's got such a dumb look on his face (first time I see this guy). I hope it's just the looks?

17. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

@Chris

"And people still listen to him? Pray tell me - WHY?"

I dunno, maybe because they're in the Cabinet?

18. Cameron Colley

@ J

Nope, it's not jsut the looks -- the guy's a country-fucking retard.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Not Now, Darling

Shouldn't it play "It's The End Of The World As We Know It"?

"Things Can Only Get Better" is soooo 1997, and was wrong then.

'Cos it's an iPhone?

20. O
    Thumb Up

eyesight

He's practically blind, he probably can't see when he's successfully engaged silent mode.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like