back to article Sony Ericsson Walkman W302 budget music phone

Sony Ericsson's recent Walkman updates have spanned the gamut from the high-end W902, through the mid-range W595 and W705 - due in this month - to this, the budget blaster of the bunch, which may lack the bigger spec numbers of its siblings, but in these cost-conscious times, at least manages to get the basics right. Sony …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul Murphy
    Paris Hilton

Lost me at 'no 3.5mm headphone connector'....

If you are designing a music phone then you need a headphone socket, for me it's not worth arguing pros and cons, it just needs one, and a micro-SD slot.

Typical Sony...

ttfn

PH cos I bet her slots not micro...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Sony, please read

Dear Sony, music devices (Walkmans) should have headphone sockets. Also, I feel I'm in the majority here when I say proprietary connectors and memory cards are not good. small USB connectors are on all the devices I buy now, and microSD is the card of choice. You are not locking consumers into your technology anymore, you're locking them out!!

regards

a potential customer

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

SD is proprietary

I agree about the proprietary connection but not on the memory card. SD is equally as proprietary as MS. Hell when SD was first announced, it was not even compatible with MMC slots and came out later than Sony's MS as well! And now we have miniSD, microSD, microSDHC, miniSDHC, all of which are proprietary nonsense.

4. Bad Beaver
    Thumb Down

What kind of degree

do I need to differentiate all those Sony / Sony Ericsson products? The phones look like the music players and they all have cryptic names and employ proprietary tech like this was the 90s. Some have some more useless software features than others but you will likely never know. Try browsing their website, you'll be in tears. Sony needs to slim that shit down (all of it), give all of their devices proper names and make them distinct — you know, like that Xperia thingy, but available for purchase and working well out of the box. Otherwise it's just "some crap Sony (Ericsson)" even to people who care about gadgets, and "some phone" to everybody else. You don't want that.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Xbox fanboys?

Whenever there's a review of a Sony Ericsson phone, there's usually lots of comments made by Sony-hating Americans, who clearly *never ever* have used Sony Ericsson phones, and have a hard time understanding the concept of a joint venture business. This time too.

While I do agree that Sony Ericssons proprietary "Fast Port"-connection sucks, the overall quality and features of Sony Ericsson phones are first-rate... and, like AC posted above, MS flash memories are not more proprietary than SD...

6. Bad Beaver
    Happy

Re: Xbox fanboys?

Can't be me, as I am not American, suffered from SE products and their "you bought it, your problem" attitude for years, and saw enough SE units break or die (other than mine), sometimes within days of purchase, to clearly state that stuff coming out of SE is mediocre at best. If I had to choose, I would rather have a Motorola these days. I guess that says it all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like