back to article DWP IT projects bust budget by £391m

IT projects in the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) are running almost £400m over-budget and a total of more than 14 years late, the government has disclosed. In written parliamentary answers, disabled people minister Jonathan Shaw said the Central Payments System, commissioned to make benefits payments more efficient, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard Porter
    Thumb Down

Efficiency upgrade?

Perhaps the IT department could do with an efficiency upgrade.

2. Rafael
    Gates Horns

Use Project Manager !!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. avatastic
    Black Helicopters

EDS

And how many of these projects are mangled^Wmanaged by EDS?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

In one instance ...

a small, often forgotten about office in the main block was opened by security guards curious about what happened in the room only to find the mummified remains of two employees believed to have been recruited from an agency some 10 years ago.

Senior managers were unable to comment but one was overheard making instructions to Wages department that the two people should not be paid any overtime.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ avatastic

As an EDS person currently on a DWP project, I cannot answer your question. Nor can I state categorically that EDS aren't to blame for some/all of the problems. But ...

... there is a culture within DWP that means that they seem to be forever changing their minds about what they want. Often because the govt makes subtle changes to the scheme during development. So sometimes folks, it really isn't our fault!

And if govt contracts were so easy and profitable, why aren't more implementers bidding and winning contracts?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

EDS

I also work for EDS and concur with the above. I do believe we do not run the PTP Project so at least someone else s screwing up this time LOL

If it's EDS at fault I blame RW ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.