back to article HTC prepping Palm Pré, Apple iPhone rival

An executive from Aussie telco Telstra has claimed that an upcoming HTC phone is “better and more functional” than Palm’s recently unveiled Pré - and a serious iPhone competitor, to boot. Telstra’s execs met Palm’s top dogs at last week’s CES show to review the Pré, according to a report by website Smarthouse. But Telstra …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

It never ceases to amaze me...

That even when you can buy an iPhone and see how the GUI works, they still make a complete balls of ripping it off. This will be another shit ripoff... it's not an iPhone killer, just like nobody ever came up with an iPod killer. These clowns can't even get it right when Apple pretty much shows them how to do it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Typical business dealings.

Same thing Microsoft pulled in 1991 with Cairo: when a competitor comes out with something that threatens your business, simply make a grand statement about how your next version will blow them out of the water. Take a look at the Creative Zii, for instance, which was touted as 'revolutionary' and would change the way people live thier lives, and what we got was a slightly re-heated old chip design for a PMP...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Urgh.

Whilst HTC continue to push Windows Mobile (6.1 or otherwise), they won't even rival a Blackberry let alone an iPhone.

4. sektah

If a Telstra executive says it...

...then it's safe to assume the opposite is true.

5. Alastair

Re: Andrew Campbell

Did you read the article? It's an Android phone...

6. greg

@AC

Annoying but true. Never owned an Apple device in my life but its damn frustrating to see that no one can even come close to getting the smoothness of the UI that Apple do.

7. Andrew Garrard

On the plus side...

A Touch HD with a keyboard (if it's not too thick) and Android? I'm there. My G900's due an upgrade, preferably to something which I can't out-touch-type.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

bollocks

what a load of bollocks. The original report is by the same "journalist" that said that Telstra were launching a 28Mbps iphone..... 'nuff said.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

The wannabees fly in

Perhaps this is an instance of the wannabees further enhancing and elevating the iPhone?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like