back to article Intel launches convertible 'kid-friendly' netbook

Intel today took the wraps off the latest generation of its education-oriented netbook reference design, the Classmate PC. Intel third-gen Classmate PC Intel's convertible Classmate PC: nice netbook The new model is slimmer and lighter than its predecessors. It also features a 180° tilt-and-swivel display to allow the unit …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Would be nice in Black

They should just do pink and black, forget white it shows all the smudges.

Like the durable element of it. But, why do they keep angling it for school kids, have kids become more civil in the last few years?

2. Nano nano
    Coat

kid-friendly ?

and it makes a bleating noise ...

3. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Best Classmate yet

Ugliest classmate yet.

I pity the kid who has to use that.

4. Rex Alfie Lee
    Linux

Fugly Little Boxie Thing!

I know this has got to be a minor point in the whole discussion but if Apple has taught us one thing beauty in design makees for a much sought after item & compared with the eee pc this thing is fugly.

5. Alan
    Thumb Down

Yet another machine aimed at "the children"

I cannot understand why the manufacturers of these machines restrict their markey to kids. They'd sell more if they considered adults and also thought a bit more about what the kid is going to think carrying that around, especially with it called 'classmate' and a built in carry handle. Rex is right when he says that Apple's designs makes them more attractive sought after. Look at the way Macs are used in BBC dramas like Spooks, and even 'Rick & Steve cartoon programme has a laptop with a banana on it instead of an apple.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like