back to article Mozilla plugs two Firefox browser holes exploited in the wild by hackers to hijack victims' computers

Mozilla has released security updates for its Firefox browser in conjunction with a US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) advisory warning that critical vulnerabilities in the browser are being actively exploited. "An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system," US …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

Clarification

"Firefox -> About Firefox menu" should be

"Firefox -> Help -> About Firefox menu"

1. Alfie Noakes

Re: Clarification

I think that the former is found on macOS!

2. e^iπ+1=0
      Thumb Down

Re: Clarification

"Firefox -> Help -> About Firefox menu"

Doesn't work on Android.

In fact, I can't seem to find the version number anywhere in the app. I need to go into settings, app info, then I see 68.7.0

2. druck Silver badge

One returning to the fold

I've had terrible trouble with Chromium hanging a VirtualBox Linux guest recently (even with GPU acceleration off), so I've gone back to using FireFox.

If it stays up, it might be forgiven for killing off the old plugins.

1. MacroRodent

Re: One returning to the fold

I had been using Chrome almost exclusively on Fedora Linux, but the other day the Webex remote meeting system my firm uses mysteriously stopped working on Chrome, claiming this platform combination is not supported. Still works fine on Firefox, so I had to switch. Not much difference otherwise, Firefox performance seems to have caught up. It used to render some JavaScript-heavy sites slower.

2. Uncle Slacky Silver badge

Re: One returning to the fold

Firefox on Windows is great, but for some reason it won't render things like checkboxes properly on Linux, so there's no way of knowing if they've been selected or not. Apparently it might have something to do with the desktop theme, but I don't have the time to devote to experimentation. Vivaldi seems better in terms of user experience, it also has an option for vertical tabs built in.

3. Chemist

Just..

.....installing the updates now. Ready & waiting on OpenSUSE 15.1

4. Version 1.0 Silver badge

Self Isolation means getting hacked at home

I'm seeing the daily spam count increasing on the corporate mail server, Spam Assassin is getting a lot of exercise. It will be interesting to watch this, it used to be that the spam counts dropped at the weekend and restarted on Monday but then the counts started dropping as the economy slowed down, now they have started climbing back again now.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

All the cool kids...

...have already updated to FF 75.0

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like